Chapter 54: U.A's Cultural Festival Is Here! A Chance For Her Happiness

After a long time had passed since the battle to rescue Eri from the clutches of Chisaki and the Yakuza, the U.A. students have been progressing along normally in their studies and activities, and soon enough, it was the end of September and October rolled in along with the changing temperature that left the summer heat. While everyone was at U.A. attending regular classes, Ryu was at the hospital visiting Eri as he sat at her bedside and a nurse was also in the room. Eri was sipping juice through a straw as Ryu gently placed his hand on her head and stroked her hair as his thumb brushed gently across the small horn on the right side of her forehead.

"So this was the source of you power...I hope I can help you control it..." Ryu thought as she turned towards him and stared at him as he let a small smile slip. "I'm just glad you're at least comfortable when I'm around..." He thought before she spoke up.

"Um...can I ask you something...?" She asked as Ryu let out a small sigh.

"You want to know more about Y/N?" He asked as she nodded.

"I...remember he was there...and I also remember meeting him that other time...what is he like?" She asked.

"....He's an idiot." Ryu said plainly as Eri had a stunned and surprised look.

"Huh?" She hummed while holding her juice cup.

"Y/N is a warrior, like I am. Compared to me, he was a low-class warrior who some thought would never become the strongest hero. And if you compare him to me now, people have the arrogance to say we're on even terms." Ryu gritted his teeth.

"What about the others who came...What are they like?" She asked before the nurse tapped Ryu's shoulder.

"Your visit time is up, sir." She said as Ryu sighed and got up.

He patted Eri's head before grabbing his things and turning to leave.

"I'll be back to check on you." Ryu said before leaving as Eri just watched him leave and close the door before she stared out the window.

As he walked out of the classroom, he remembered his conversation with Whis before.

Flashback

"If he's still out there, it'd be in your best interest for you to return with us to continue your training....If you are to keep your promise to her." He remembered Whis saying.

"I'll return on one condition...She comes with me. No questions asked." He remembered the deal.

"There is no problem with that. She may come." He remembered Whis agreeing.

Flashback Over

"I know I need to get stronger...But right now her health is more important..." Ryu thought as he left the hospital.

The Same Day, U.A. High

After Ryu had left the hospital, he took flight to the air and began to fly towards the school where he would continue to stay at until Eri makes a complete, one hundred percent recovery and that she would be ready to be re-entered into society. As he arrived at the school, he flew through the doors and around the halls before dispersing all his energy and sliding to a stop in front of his class, Class 1-A. As he opened the door, he walked in on something that definitely did not suit his tastes.

"We have a cultural festival." Aizawa announced while being coddled in his sleeping bag.

"SO SCHOOL-LIKE!!" All his classmates yelled in joy.

"...I'm going home." Ryu said as he tried to leave but was caught by Iida who waved his arm around like a robot.

"Wait, Ryu-kun! You're going to be part of this as well!" Iida announced as Ryu had a shocked look.