Chapter 2

Lilac's P.O.V

My dad killed someone!

I know he was about to rape me, but he didn't deserve to die, not like that at least. I've never seen anybody die or get killed, until today, my mother being one of them. I'm heart-broken to say the least, and I don't know what to do now, I can't just resume my normal life now.

The whole time while my dad was leading me out of the pack house, since he use to live there and does know where entrances and exits are, I was in a haze. My dad should have been more heart-broken than me.

My dad sure didn't show that he was sad, he didn't waste time to mourn over his mates death, he was more focused on getting us out safe and alive, and I am thankful for that!

But how can I be thankful for anything, a normal run with a family turned into my mother getting killed and me almost getting raped, and that was just one part.

My Father

I've never seen him so... uncontrolled, and I've never seen him kill anybody, it made him look dangerous, it scared me to know that my dad could kill an alpha so easily, it makes me even more scared about what else he is capable of.

I am brought out of my haze by my dad's snout nudging my side, I looked at him, realizing we're outside, I looked at him and then behind me, noticing we are out of harms way from the pack.

'I'm sorry you had to see that, Princess' My dad said through our mind link that we shared. Since my family was pack, we could interact like a pack.

'You had to do what you had to do, so you could save me' I said silently, I laid down on my paws and buried my furry face into my paws. My dad soon followed that position, but he nudged me with his snout again.

'I killed him right in front of you, I wasn't thinking about anybody but myself' He said, I looked at him, making a wolf-like face at him.

'Think about yourself? You saved me from getting raped!' I said in disbelief, my dad just laid his head on top of my, slightly rubbing his head against mine.

'We should get home' He said, I looked into his eyes, he was sad and angry, and I was more than thankful he wasn't taking his anger out on me, I could tell he would never be the same.

I would never be the same

••

I was back home, but nothing was sweet about it. My dad was spaced out, and he has locked himself in his room, I was left to deal with my mom's death alone, I thought my dad would be there for me but I guess not.

When we got to the house, I had sat on the couch and I didn't move for some time, I was just thinking about everything that just happened about an hour ago, everything was happening so fast, and I didn't know how to deal with it, the only thing I could do was cry.

My dad wasn't there for me when I needed him the most, and that hurt me a little.

I stood up and walked through the hall to my dad's room, since it didn't belong to my mother anymore, I walked to the door and took in a breath.

I knocked on the door, loud enough for him to hear, but quiet enough to not disturb the mourning silence.

My dad opened the door, and I frowned. His hair is pushed back, mostly from him running his fingers through it, his eyes are red, not just from crying but they had a red tint to them, due to his wolf, his clothes are ruffled and messy.

"Daddy." I said, my dad looked at me, his eyes softened when he saw the tear stains on my face, the red tint in his eyes dulled a little as he looked at me, my dad knew why I was here, and we didn't even have to talk to be in each others presence.

My dad opened his arms for a hug, and I flung myself into him, wrapping my arms around him as he did the same, the tears flowed out my eyes uncontrollably as I sobbed into his shirt, wetting the material.

We stood there in the doorway of his room hugging, my dad had settled his head on top of mine, and I knew he was trying to stay strong, trying to keep his wolf in check so he didn't take over, just so he didn't leave me to deal with this completely alone.

My dad moved us to sit on his bed, he still cradled my body close to his in a caring way, I continued to sobbed until I felt dehydrated, like I might pass out, the only thing that might help now is talking, talking to my dad, the one who was more heartbroken than me.

"Dad... why are you doing this?" I asked, why was my dad trying to keep his wolf in check, he could just let his wolf take over, and leave me, I would eventually be fine, I don't know why he was staying here with me.

My dad understood, he shrugged his shoulders as he started to rock me from side to side.

"Your all I have left, I plan on holding on to you." I looked up at him and forced the best smile I could muster, but in reality, I didn't want to smile.

I wanted my mom

Landon's P.O.V

My daughter looked just as depressed as me, I wanted to push everyone away, I wanted my wolf to take over and turn me fully wolf, but I just couldn't push my daughter away, I couldn't leave her to deal with my mates death, I just couldn't do that to Lilac.

I hugged her to my body as we stood in the doorway to my room, I wasn't sharing with anybody anymore. And I never will be again.

Or so I thought.