Chapter 41

Lilac P.O.V

•One Month Later•

"I feel like a whale, Maya" I complain. Maya laughs as she bounces a yawning Conner. Conner was Maya's adorable newborn, today I was lucky enough to have Landon drive me to the pack house so I could hang out with Maya and see Conner.

"If I didn't know better, I'd say your having twins!" Maya laughs. My smile fades away as I think about what she just said. It wasn't like I had an ultrasound to see if I was having twins.

"What's wrong, Lilac" Maya says worriedly. She lays a now sleeping Conner in his crib before turning to me, laying a hand on my shoulder. I switch my weight to the other foot and use the crib for support.

"You look a little pale, go sit down, you need the chair more than I do now" Maya says. I waddle to the chair and sit down, my heartbeat was quick, it felt like my heart would jump out my chest any minute now.

"I haven't had an ultrasound to check for twins yet" I say lowly. Maya's eyes widen as she kneels beside me, she puts her hand on mine. Only Landon could help me calm down right now. It was his child, potentially children, that were inside of me!

"I can mind-link the pack doctor and you can get an ultrasound now" Maya suggest. "The guys will be in the meeting for about another hour, we have time" She says calmly. I nod and rest my hand on my belly before looking up at Maya.

"You don't have to go with me, you child is more important than me" I say nicely. Maya rolls her grey eyes, she glances over at Conner and smiles.

"That may be true, Lilac, but I think of you as my best friend now" She says while smiling. "I refuse to let my best friend go through something like this alone!" She whisper yells. I manage a smile before standing up.

The door opens to reveal a member of the pack, Maya probably called her so she could watch over Conner while we go to the pack doctor. Maya smiles before whispering something into her ear, the woman nods respectfully.

Maya and I start the slow walk to the pack doctors building. This wasn't really the situation to make small talk, I might be pregnant with multiples! How was I going to tell Landon that he was going to be father to more than one baby?

'Hey, Landon! Your sperm must be really high quality because I'm pregnant with twins!'

It wasn't exactly the easiest thing to put into words, but I might not be pregnant with twins anyway! Maybe it's just my active imagination giving me things to worry about.

"What am I going to tell Landon if we are having twins?" I ask nervously. Maya smiles and waves at a passing pack member before turning her attention back to me. She places her hand on my should reassuringly.

"I've never been in this situation, when James found out I was pregnant he instantly insisted that I check for multiples" Maya frowns. I frown to as I rest a hand on my belly, I blink the tears away from my eyes as I see the pack doctor's building come into view.

"But, one of the perks of having James's children is that my scent won't change back after I give birth" Maya says with a smile. I look at her, wondering why that is.

"So, James won't know I'm giving birth to his child next time because my scent hasn't changed back from giving birth the first time. I can actually surprise him with being pregnant" Maya smiles wider.

I can actually surprise Landon with a pregnancy? I never knew that my scent won't change back after I give birth, It was actually really good information to know.

"Why doesn't you scent change back?" I ask curiously. Maya opens the door to the medium sized building and walks in after me.

"I'm giving birth to Alpha children, one of the Luna's jobs is to give the Alpha a heir and children" Maya laughs, "It would be stupid to have our scent change that many times" Maya finishes. I nod in understanding.