Chapter 39

Lilac P.O.V

•Two and a half weeks later•

I let out a yawn and stretch my arm out towards where Landon should be, I frown when my hand hits the empty space besides me. I open my eyes and blow out a sigh a frustration. That's right, Landon had to go to work early this morning. I was actually really starting to hate his job already.

I haven't been able to see him as much, and if it weren't for Mason dropping in everyday Landon was at work and leaving before he got home, I don't think I would have got through this long week. Landon at least paid all his attention to me when he got home and I was thankful for that.

I stood up after putting my robe on, it was almost the end of September and I had went all out buying Fall and Winter maternity clothes. It was really starting to get cold and I should be expecting snow when I go into labor, or maybe I should be expecting Christmas decorations?

I was three months pregnant, and I was feeling it. I was starting to see why pregnant women hated gravity!

I was only 12 weeks but I looked 24 weeks, and you don't know how many pictures Landon has taken of me, let's just say I'll be able to relive this pregnancy with photos. The baby has been so active lately, he has woken me up so many times with a strong kick or two, and then he won't let me go back to sleep by moving around a lot.

I've been fatigued since the baby won't let me sleep, not to mention I now waddle! I can't walk anywhere without waddling, Landon says it cute. I always counter with, 'I'm fat' or 'Shut up' and Landon always replies with a sexy smile and, 'Your pregnant and beautiful' or 'You know you love me'.

Enough about that, Mason still hasn't told me what happened to him in his past and I was curious. He has given me updates on Lydia and he has been oddly protective over my pup, but I like this side of him. In two weeks we went from not being able to talk like civil people to actual friends.

Mason isn't the only one who won't open up about his past, Landon still says he won't tell me about his past. I don't see what is so bad, everybody knows what Thirds do in a pack. As far as Landon's job goes for being the new Third of The Pine Moon Pack, he hasn't killed anybody yet.

But, Landon said that the streak of not killing anybody will be over soon. Apparently, a rouge tried to kill a pack member that went on a run surrounding the pack house, pack patrol caught him before he could kill the pack member though and threw him in the cells. Pack patrol is still confused on how the rogue got past their security.

Alpha James and Landon will question him soon, the Beta of the pack is on a negotiation trip to make a peace treaty with a neighboring pack leaving Landon to take up on his spot. Alpha James said his son went with him because he is the soon to be Beta and needs to understand pack business, so nobody can temporarily take his spot.

Among all that craziness, Maya's water had broke and that just put even more pressure on Alpha James shoulders. From traveling news, Maya gave birth to their pup two days ago and she is on bed rest right now. Alpha James has been really strict on her getting rest, so we haven't talked since her water broke.

We have exchanged numbers and have been texting ever since that day, and I must admit, I was kind of sad when I found out I wouldn't be able to take to Maya since she had given birth. We were getting to be pretty good friends, and now that I only had Mason to keep me company, I was seeing how much I depended on her company and friendship.

I planned on visiting Maya and her baby eventually, I wanted to help her with the baby and see how I can actually handle a child since I was going to have one in three months! I don't know if I'm nervous, scared or just excited to be so close to giving birth to a child.