Chapter 44

Maya is played by Dianna Agron

Lilac P.O.V

I was basically a second mother to Conner. Maya and James trusted me enough with their child that, over the time period of two weeks, they had let me babysit while they went on a date. With the help of Landon of course.

But, even with Conner basically being my non-biological child, I still loved my kids to death. It was almost time for them to be here, and to say I was excited would be an understatement.

Landon has been more than nervous, always asking if I was feeling contractions or did my water break. It would have been funny if he were kidding but... He wasn't.

Work for Landon has been so much easier. Without having to drive practically everyday to get here, he has been able to spread some extra time with me and the pups.

My belly was huge, I felt too big to do anything but, at the same time I wanted to do everything. The babies were very active now, kicking with every chance they got. They responded to Landon so well, almost every time he touched my belly, he was respond to with a kick.

It was almost Christmas, it was actually six days away and everyone was excited. The pack was very serious on Christmas spirit. With the consent of James, they had decorated the interior of the house, and in some possible way, the house now smelled very... Christmassy. If that's even a word.

Maya has been talking non-stop about how my babies were going to be Christmas babies. Maya joked that they would be born on Christmas, which I highly doubted. I felt like I was going to pop, like a water balloon, any minute now.

Since I hit the five month mark, Landon wasn't falling for any of my sex pleas. It was hard to deal with the hormones already, and then I get denied? Even harder to deal with. I hate hormones so much.

"Lilac? Lilac, are you listening to me!" Maya in frustration. I snap my eyes up to her and smile sheepishly. I was nowhere close to listening to her, I didn't have the slightest idea what she was talking about actually.

"What? Oh... Nope, I was not listening" I say calmly. Maya stares at my with a blank face, it wasn't long before we both burst into laughter. I readjust the pillow behind my back on the couch and smile at her. Maya runs her hand over the top of my belly and lets out a laugh when the babies kick her hand.

"I said, I'm the godmother. Right?" Maya ask. I raise my eyebrow at her before nodding my head, Maya lets out a breath and flips her carmel blond hair over her shoulder, her hazel eyes sparkling with happiness.

"Why wouldn't you be?"

"Because, you might have some other bestfriend out there that isn't me... I'm your bestfriend right?" Maya ask hopefully. I roll my eyes, of course she was my best friend, she has helped me so much and not to mention that she has given me so much company.

"Of course you are. I'm secretly a loner Maya, there are many girls out there that I call my best friend" I say rolling my eyes. Maya smiles before frowning, she quieted down. Somebody must have mind-linked her.

Maya turned to me. "Sorry Lilac, James and I have to talk. See you tomorrow?" I nodded. I blow out a sigh and give Maya a hug before looking around the living room.

I stand up slowly before waddling to the stairs, I stop at the bottom of the stairs and look at them. I was horrible at balancing now, that included walking up stairs. In the end I walk up the stairs slowly, without falling.

I start the walk to Landon and I's room, wishing that I had somebody to carry me. I turned the corner and ran into somebody that smelled of... Blood? I put my hand over my mouth, as I start to feel nauseous.