Chapter 37

Lilac P.O.V

I almost chocked on my watermelon at what Mason just said. Mason was looking at me uncertainly, he was scared to know what I would say, but I couldn't say anything. I felt the unpleasant sensation of the vile substance rumble around in my stomach.

I placed a hand over my mouth and rubbed a hand over my belly, trying to calm the horrible feeling. I was stressing out now and I knew I had to calm down before I hurt the baby.

"I think I'm going to be sick" I said lowly, Mason's eyes widened but I didn't pay attention as I tried to calm my stomach down. I rubbed my belly slowly and breathed in and out, when I finally knew my hormones and stomach were under control, I turned to Mason.

'What's wrong' Landon's deep voice said worriedly in my head, I jumped slightly at the sudden distraction. I forget that he could feel my emotions or when I'm distressed. Great, just another reason for Landon to be even more possessive!

'Just a little sickness' I half lie, Landon didn't reply for a while, probably trying to figure out if I was lying or not. I was answered back with a sigh.

'OK, just be careful Lilac, Please' Landon said, I had to stop myself from nodding my head and remind myself that he can't see me. I turned to Mason, all my nausea and stress turning into anger quickly. Mason looked at me uncertainly.

"What do you mean 'Lydia's soul'?" I growl out lowly, Mason sighs as he stands up and starts pacing in front of the coffee table. Lydia's soul back from the death realm... Does that mean she's a ghost or something? I can't tell Landon this, we had a relationship that started because of Lydia's death! We were going to have a little addition to our family soon, I loved my mom and all but she won't ruin my family. Dead or alive.

"You remember when I brought Alex back from the dead, right?" He asked and I nodded, "Well, she must have come through when Alex's soul came through" Mason explained, I picked my watermelon back up and took another bite and let the cool fruit cool my anger down. I blew out a huff of air.

"Mason, I won't let my dead mother ruin my family, if my pup is put in danger-" I start before Mason cuts me off once again, I roll my eyes as I slouch on the couch.

"I know, you don't have to give me the protective mother speech, I'm on your side, Lilac" Mason confessed, "I want to protect your pup, not harm" He finished, I narrowed my eyes on him. Is he really on my side? Or is it a trick just to get me to like him?

"So far you haven't done anything to protect my pup" I say, Mason raises his eyebrow, as if what I just said was a challenge. He walked up to me slowly and I leaned away, Mason sat down next to me on the couch. He reached his hands towards my belly and I quickly scooted away from him, my hand now covering my belly again.

"May I? I won't hurt you, I promise" I look at him uncertainly, "I promise, why would I hurt my nephew?" Mason asked, I roll my eyes but don't correct him from calling my child his nephew, I nod my head in confirmation. Mason smiles as he places his hand on my belly.

"You know there is just something about pregnant women that amaze me" Mason says more to himself, I look at him confusedly. Mason looks up at me and smiles once more before moving his hand away from my belly, Mason's face now had a saddened expression on his face.

I couldn't help but wonder what was going on in his head at that exact moment, I felt a frown come over my face as my mood dropped and I suddenly just wanted to cry, stupid hormones. Mason scooted away from me but not before I put my hand on his shoulder.

"What do you mean?" I asked, Mason let out a sigh as he looks at his hands, for a moment I thought he was going to cry. He looked up at me and managed me a sad smile, his eyes yet again trailed down to my belly in admiration.