Chapter 9-almost

LUKE'S POV

I pull into 106 Hudingson Crescent's driveway. I get out the car and look up at the tall 2 story house. On the left side there is a stone path leading up to the house and on the right is a garage.

How did I even get his address?

I walk up the path that has small green hedges on either side. I reach for the knocker and knock. It's opened by the dark haired, 16 year old man of the hour...

Mathew.

He smiles. "Hey Luke, what a lovely surpri-" Before he can finish the sentence, I bring my my arm up and punch him right on his perfect nose.

"Lovely surprise my ass, you dick..." I spit disgusted. He howls in pain and clenches his nose, blood pouring out.

"What the hell man?!" he yells.

"You heartless son of a bitch! Poor Ava's been crying, shaking and throwing up. what more pain can you cause her?" I ask him, wondering how we all thought he could be so innocent.

"Look, I'm sorry, but I couldn't stay with my Nan that long!" He protests standing up, his fingers covered in blood.

I scoff. "How could you be so selfish? you would rather be in LA for possibly more than 2 months than stay with your gran and be able to see the girl you 'love'?" I ask him, putting in marks around the last word.

"Where's Ava now?" he asks.

"Sleeping. why do you care?" I ask getting frustrated.

"I need to see her." he answers getting his jacket.

"No." I reply.

He comes back with a frown on his face. "I know I messed up..." he starts but I mutter under my breath, "no shit Sherlock..." He continues, "but I want to make it up to her. Please?" Mathew looks at me, almost begging. I said almost...

"You know, I almost feel sorry for you..." I say taking a step forward. I now use this opportunity by pulling his shoulders forward and knee him in the groin, which he replies by squealing.

"I said almost..." and with that I walk back to my car, get inside, turn on the ignition, reverse out the driveway and drive back to Clarke's Close.

Oh, this is gonna be a fun story to tell the others...