Chapter 11-hair dye gone wrong...

AVA'S POV

I grumble. "Guys! we're going to the diner, not some club or party, right?" I ask suspiciously.

They look at each other before answering. "Yep, only the diner..." Emily answers but they laugh awkwardly. Ok, something is up...

"Can't I just wear my white, ripped skinny jeans, blink 182 top, leather jacket and black vans?" I whine.

"Because it's your birthday dinner Ava!" Red shouts, spinning me on my desk chair so I face the mirror.

"Fine, work your magic then..." I mumble.

They spin me around a couple more times for fun before getting started.

-

LUKE'S POV

"Guys! Calum's gonna pick the girls up in half an hour, so hurry!" Ashton shouts running into the kitchen. We're currently in Michael's house for Ava's surprise party. (We're only here because Michael's parents are coming back in 2 weeks.) We spend the next 25 minutes in and out of rooms with balloons and streamers.

"Calum, go get the girls but remember what you need to say." Ashton warns him. Calum sighs before nodding. He picks up the car keys and off he goes. I watch him drive but soon he's gone so far that I can't see him anymore.

-

About 10 minutes later, we hear Cal's car park into the driveway and car doors slam. We all run into position, mine, behind a coat stand. "Be quiet!" Ash shouts as Michael runs upstairs.

"Of course I'll be quiet! Do I look like a complete idiot?" he shouts/whispers back.

"Well yes, you have a shirt with it painted on the back!" Ash replies.

I open my mouth to shut them up but then the front door opens revealing Cal, Em, Red and most importantly, Ava.

"Why is it so dark?" I hear Ava ask.

From what I can see, Cal is having trouble answering but is saved by the lights switching on and everyone jumping from their spots.

"Surprise! Happy Birthday Ava!" everyone chorus.

Now the lights on, I get a proper view of their dresses. Emily's wearing a turquoise thin strapped, tight dress with black 3-inch-heels. Red's wearing a deep cherry red dress, the sleeves go to her elbows, the skirt flows and she is wearing black sandal wedges. But Ava, she's wearing her signature colour. Mint. The dress is tight at all the right places, hugging her hips and curves, the sleeves go over her shoulders, the top of the dress dips at her shoulders but round off into a straight line above her chest. To top it all off, the whole dress is covered in lace and she's wearing short, brown, heeled boots with a zip at the back.

She's beautiful...

"Why... what... when did you plan this?" Ava asks looking at the small crowd. She's scanning the audience. I think she notices a couple of her high school friends we invited because she goes over and starts a conversation. But she says she'll be back and walks towards our small group of 5.

"Where's Michael?" she asks.

MICHAEL'S POV

"Oh my god! Jesus Christ! It's freakin' purple!! NOT pink! What went wrong?!" I scream at Roxy, who's got the box in her hand.

"Oh shit... um, you kinda needed to dye your hair back to normal before putting another colour on..." she tells me. I'm hunched over the bath tub, turning my head to look at my beautiful girlfriend. She has straight black hair, green eyes, is wearing a dress saying 'rock chick' on the top and wears black Dm's with ripped thin black tights.

"If I wasn't trying to wash dye off my hair right now, I'd kiss you and then go downstairs to see Ava." I tell her while washing my hair with the shower head.

"Aww, that's so sweet, I love you too Mikey." Roxy says before rubbing my back and trying to stare me in the eye.

"Are you trying to make me kiss you with wet hair?" I ask.

She licks her lips. "maybe..." she replies.

I hurry up and wet my hair, washing out the last of the excess dye. I take 5 minutes to dry my hair and quickly style it before kissing her hungrily.

"Um, Mike, we need to go and see everyone..." she says while I kiss her neck. I pull back and peck her lips before pulling her out the bathroom and downstairs. We search from room to room until we walk into the kitchen to find the others, stood up by the drinks table. Ashton's making what looks like, a non-alcoholic cocktail for Ava, Red's got a cider and Emily takes beer along with Cal, Luke and Ash. They all spot me and Roxy.

"Hey Mike where were yo-" Cal starts but obviously notices my purple hair.

"What happened?" Luke asks, covering his mouth with his hand.

"Um, I didn't dye my hair back to natural before applying the pink dye... but um, I want you to meet Roxy, my girlfriend...." everyone stares at us.

"Hi..." Roxy replies.

Ava looks at everyone before speaking up. "Hi Roxy, I'm Ava. It's nice to meet you!"

"Nice to meet you too, happy birthday by the way." Roxy smiles.

"Thanks, c'mon Red, Em, lets chat with Roxy. C'mon Roxy..." Ava says before planting a drink in Roxy's hand and pulling her into another room. Red and Emily are soon following her, drinks in hand.

"Well done Mikey! she looks nice, how long have you been together?" Ash comes and asks while patting me on the back.

I really have to think about this one. "Um, 3 months maybe?" I tell him making it sound more like a question. Ash spits out some of the drink he just took but coughs on the rest.

"3 months! Dude, we're best mates." Ash coughs.

"Yeah but I just thought you guys would probably laugh at me..." I reply pouring myself a drink.

"Well, fuck that, congrats!" He says chinking plastic cups.

I wonder how Roxy's doing....