Chapter 48-Ready?

Song for the chapter-Slipping through my fingers

This is finishing in a couple of chapters... :'(

AVA'S POV

2 weeks of more wedding planning later...

"See you tomorrow for the big day." I smile, my arms around his neck and his around my waist.

Luke and the guys are staying round his parents for the night and Red, Roxy and Em are staying round and Tyler and Ashley are already at Luke and my house.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow." Luke smiles back and we kiss but start making out quite quickly.

"Keep it PG guys, we don't you guys having sex in the hallway right now." Roxy says as the girls come in with their dresses in dress bags. I pull out and cut Roxy in half with a glare but she doesn't seem fazed.

"I'll go now, see you tomorrow." Luke pouts and we kiss but the guys pull him away in the middle of it. I run down the drive way as they drive off. I wave until I can't see them.

I feel a pair of arms around me. "Ava, come on." Ashley tells me. I sniffle and nod. We go back inside together. I slump on the sofa.

"I'm so nervous..." I mumble.

"That's ok, its your wedding." Ashley reminds me.

"I know."

-▪-▪-▪-

I stumble to my room. The time is 9:30. I lay on my bed in my mint PJ bottoms and white top. I sigh and think about tomorrow. My thoughts are interrupted by my door opening.

"Knock knock."

"Mum?" I ask.

"Hey baby." she smiles. I smile back and she sits down next to me with a wooden in graved box.

"What's that?"

Mum doesn't answer me but opens the box up to reveal pictures and various objects. I gasp and she takes most of the things out.

"This is a picture of my mum and I getting ready for your dad and my wedding, your dad and I getting our pictures taken, this is our first dance, this is you when you're home from the hospital, this is you and dad when you were being dropped off at summer camp, that's when you met Red and Emily. I remember you coming back and you and dad started losing connection. You use to do everything together. They say the last child was the most clingy, but you stopped being so. Your dad use to moan about it to me. He wished you could go back to the way you were but he decided you needed to spread your wings. He said to me if you want to fly like a butterfly, don't flap like a crow."

I hang onto my mums every word, now realising I need it most. Watching Mama Mia, I didn't get how important that sequence with Sophie and her mum before the wedding was so important. I'm growing up I'll remember this day for when my child will get married.

"What happened to you and dad?" I daringly ask.

"We first married because I was pregnant. We never told you but we only get married so not to be frowned upon and to be proper. Your dad and I made a mistake and I feel bad for not telling you. But I then decided I didn't need him and I would be strong without him. As you know, he moved to Barcelona and he's started a new life. But I've got the best gift of all, you three, my babies." mum smiles and I pull her in a hug.