Chapter 22 - My Dorky Friends

Hi.

I'm annoyed.

I've just started school again.

Great! (Note the sarcasm.)

This means I'll have to update when I can.

soz

But anyways

UPDATE!!

AVA'S POV

"Wow. You look amazing Ava..." Luke says, breathlessly as I walk down the stairs. I chose to wear a black skater dress that was cut out on the bottom of my back showing my tattoo, black, leather look, 5-inch heels that have straps going across, my nails were black and I had dyed the ends of my hair a blue/turquoise/mint but kept the top lilac.

"Thanks." I smile.

"Cmon Y'all! Lets go kick some singing butt!" Tyler shouts and we get in his car.

-

"Ricky!" Henry, the guy I'm against, and I chorus.

"Hey guys! It's great to see you. Ready for a quick rehearsal?" Henry and I nod a Ricky before crowding around the piano.

"Piano Man, play us a song." I sing song. Everyone give me weird looks.

"Let's just play the song." the pianist laughs awkwardly.

After singing the song together, Ricky takes a step back. "That sounded amazing. The other teams are all about belting the high notes out so I think that this is a bit more folk and just the two voices molding together. I think this is a beautiful duet, well done."

We work a little more on eachother and how to improve our own vocals before we hug and get ready for the show.

-

About 30 minutes later, I'm in the dressing room when I hear a knock. "Come in!" I shout while fixing my hair. In comes Henry.

"Hi Ava. Just wanted to say good luck." he says, smiling.

"Oh, thanks! You too. Shall we?" I ask. He nods and I put on my black trilby hat and quickly sliding some gold rings on. We both walk out the dressing room and receive a microphone each.

"You ready Ava?" Henry asks.

"Yep." I reply. We hear the tape that was recorded being played.

"Please welcome, Ava Irwin and Henry Douglas!" Reggie shouts. I take one look at Henry and step forward. I walk out first and then Henry follows behind. The crowd roars. I faintly hear Katy Perry's 'Roar' being played as we enter. In no time we've reached the battle arena. Me and Henry exchange looks before the intro starts.

Hey!

Hey!

Hey!

I don't like walking around this old and empty house

So hold my hand, I'll walk with you, my dear

The stairs creak as I sleep, it's keeping me awake

It's the house telling you to close your eyes

And some days I can't even trust myself

It's killing me to see you this way

'Cause though the truth may vary

This ship will carry our bodies safe to shore

Hey!

Hey!

Hey!

I start moving a bit while Henry stands dead still. When I sing a high bit I close my eyes and my whole body lifts as the note climbs in pitch and I get a few whoops from the crowd.