Chapter 50-Make a wish

Hemmings' babies are up there or -->

AVA'S POV

Years later...

"Mummy, daddy!" Ellie screams at the top of her little lungs.

Yep, mummy and daddy. I gave birth to not one, but two babies. The girl is called Eleanor Cara Hemmings, Ellie, and the boy is Finley Evan Hemmings, Finn. Someone asked why they're names were so long and I said because when they're naughty, we can say long, menacing names. Ellie is 4 and Finn is 2.

"Yes baby?" I ask and walk into the living room.

"Can Finn and I watch Adventure Time?" Ellie asks. Oh yeah!! I made my children love Adventure Time. Score!

"Are you ready?" I check and squat to her level. She nods and I get on adventure Time. I call Luke down and he comes down, in black. Like always.

"Can you get Finn and Ellie's shoes on while they watch TV, I'm going to get changed." I tell Luke.

I go upstairs and put on black leggings, a black tank top with white writing saying 'more issues than Vogue', a long brown coat with fluff in the hood, a purple scarf, purple matching gloves, no makeup, hair in a bun and I put on black biker boots. I might be twenty-three and a mum of twins but my fashion sense has not changed.

I jog downstairs and hear giggling in the front room. I watch as Ellie and Finn giggle when Luke tickles their feet. As far as I know, tickling feet is not putting shoes on.

I laugh and walk in. "Can you actually get their shoes on ?" I chuckle.

"We walking?" Luke asks and finally starts getting their shoes on.

"Yep, it's only down the road." I say and switch the TV off.

"Is Benny and Auntie Red and Uncle Ashy gonna be there?" Finn wonders.

"Yep, let's go and see them." I smile and Finn jumps off the sofa.

-▪-▪-▪-

"Benny!!" Finn exclaims.

I let Finn down and he runs to Red and Ash as quickly as his little legs will allow him.

Luke hands me Ellie and she snuggles into my coat. I hug Ash with one arm and I see Red and Ash's two year old kid playing with Finn on the grass.

I hug Red and we chat for a little until Em, Isabelle and Cal come. I hug Em and say hello to Isabelle, now five, holding Em's hand.

I put Ellie down and her and Isabelle go play with the boys.

"Ava!" I turn around and see Roxy and Michael.

"Roxy!" I imitate.

Me and Roxy run to each other and hug tightly. We pull out.

"Love the T-shirt girl!" Roxy says and I model the shirt and strut back and forth. Roxy just laughs.

I hug my coat to my body and look up into the starry night sky. I feel a pair of arms wrap round my waist and kisses are placed on my cheek.

"You cold?" Luke asks.

"Not now." I smile.

"Let's get the kids ready for fireworks." Luke says. I nod and he let's go. I pick up Ellie and Luke picks up Finn.

Isabelle gets on Cal's shoulders and Ben on Ash's shoulders. I have Ellie on my hip and Luke gets Finn on his shoulders. Michael and Ash start talking.

I walk over to Roxy. "Here you go." I say and hand over Ellie.

"Are you sure?" Roxy asks. I nod and she thanks me and positions her on her hip.

I look at the sky again and the fireworks start. My favourite are the ones that go and don't look great but before they die, they fizzle and disappear. I vaguely hear Ellie giggling and I think about telling Roxy and Michael to consider adopting. They're always happy to look after the twins if we need a night out.

A firework popping snatches my thoughts away. I look at my friends.

Not only have I got a husband, two kids and loads of great friends, they're family. They may be dysfunctional sometimes but I love them.

Always...