Chapter 34-An unexpected surprise

Here's a longer chapter!

AVA'S POV

I wake up to an empty bed.

Again.

Why did they have to leave?

I sigh and get up, switching my alarm off. I trudge downstairs in my PJ's.

"Morning Ava!" my mum calls from the kitchen. I mumble a reply. Dad moved out a couple of days ago so its quite hard. The time that I need Luke the most, he's away. Typical.

I walk into the kitchen and make myself the usual cup of tea and bring it up to my room. I put on my black shorts, my polo shirt, my black skirt with a gold zip on the back, black socks and I put on my shiny black DM's. I twist my fringe up and clip it in place with a couple of bobby pins, brush my hair, apply foundation, mascara and eyeliner.

I jog downstairs and pour the excess tea leaves from my tea cup, grab an apple, a banana, sandwiches mum made me, grab my black and white Aztec rucksack, stuff everything in there, before running out the door with my phone and my house, car and locker keys in various pockets. I vaguely hear a bye from my mum but I don't answer back.

This is gonna be a shit day...

-

"Ava!'' Red calls from her front door.

"Get in loser!" I order and she runs up to the passenger seat of my car and jumps in.

"Hey? What's up?" she asks and buckles up.

"Dad moved out yesterday..." I mumble as I pull out the driveway.

"Oh, shit... How are you coping?"

"Eh, its ok... Mum seems happier. She's got a date tonight.'' I tell her as I round a corner.

"Already?!" Red shouts in shock.

"Yep. Anyway, what's cooking good looking?" I ask her.

"Nothing much, Em's been around a lot. Mum and her have been talking and mum's made her a lot of food that she craved when she was pregnant. I feel bad for Cal though..." Red says.

"I know, she can't just tell him over Skype though can she? They'll be back in 2 weeks anyway." I remind her.

"Woah! 2 weeks! Time flies." Red replies.

"It sure does... We've not been having fun though." I moan.

-

We walk into school and everyone's whispering as we walk through the corridors.

"What the fucks going on?" I ask and a couple of lower year girls point at me and squeal.

"I don't know..." Red mumbles.

I turn to a girl.

"What's going on?" I ask her.

"Oh my god, you're Ava Irwin! Congrats on second place of the voice! You've got a fantastic range of vocals." she congratulates me.

"Thanks..." I mutter.

"Haven't you heard? Will.i.am is here to see you!" the girl next to her comments.

"What?!" I scream and hurry along to the Head Teachers room.

I'm only half way across the school when I see the Head giving Will a tour. I jog up to them.

"Will!" I screech and we hug tightly.

"Hi!" he replies as we pull out.

"What're you doing here?!" I ask.