Chapter 43-A misunderstanding

Thanks for the 3.03K!!

Love y'all!! - Tyler Oakley!!

AVA'S POV

I get up without saying anything. I put my DM's on and run out the front door. I faintly hear Luke calling my name. I shake his voice out of my mind. Thunder rumbles above my head and rain begins spitting on me. I put my hood up and runs faster. I jerk back as Luke pulls my wrist.

"Ow!" I yelp and look back at Luke.

"What do you want?" I snap.

"What's wrong?" Luke ignores my question.

"You know what's wrong! Don't act dumb. You're cheating on me with Selena fucking Gomez!" I shout over the rain hitting the ground.

"What?! I'm not cheating on you, and certainly not with Selena Gomez. She followed me on Twitter, that's it." Luke says.

"What about the DM?" I protest.

"I wanted the guys and I to meet her in LA sometime to collab. I'm not cheating on you." Luke tells me.

"But I was sure you were talking to her!" I yell.

Luke looks me in the eye, blinking as the rain hits his eyelashes. "Well, you're wrong. And I know you hate being told you're wrong but you are."

"I feel so stupid..."

Luke chuckles. "Don't be, it was just a misunderstanding."

We stand in silence and get soaked to the skin with rain.

"But, why did you not call me back?" I ask.

"I-I've been busy..."

"Too busy to talk to your girlfriend, telling her you're not cheating?" I furrow my eyebrows, laughing a little.

Luke shrugs. "I need to um, ask you some thing." Luke says.

I nod.

"Well, happy 18th birthday! I hope you accept my present." he smiles.

"Where is it?" I chuckle and look around but just see puddles building up on the ground.

"We've been together for about a year and a half. We've been through a lot with our careers. There's been a lot of ups, this is the one down. I guess that makes us a proper couple now. I'm just gonna cut to the chase." Luke laughs and groans before getting down on one knee in the soaking rain.

I gasp.

"Averly Lara Irwin, will you marry me?" Luke smiles.

"Are there any other presents, I'm not sure I like this one." I say.

"Shut up, answer the god damn question, I'm getting soaked here." Luke moans.

"I might just say yes." I laugh.

"Really?" Luke asks in disbelief.

"No, ask someone else." I reply sarcastically. "Yes, of course!" I yell. Luke slips the ring on my finger.

My hands fly up to Luke's neck and his wrap around my waist. We have a long, rather wet, kiss. The rain really set a romantic mood. *note sarcasm*

We pull out. "Are you sure there's no other presents?" I cheekily ask.

"I hate you." Luke replies and we kiss again.

"Hey, we're engaged, no going back now, babe!" I mock him.

The rain picks up and hailstones hit us.

"Let's go back." we say in unison. We run but we don't go far until Luke picks me up from my feet and carries me bridal style.

We quickly arrive at my house and pound on the door. Ash answers and we push him aside to get in.

"What happened here?" Ash asks and looks at Luke.

"Hey, don't beat up my fiancé!" I smile.

"Finally, he asked you! He didn't shut on tour." Ash chuckles.

He then grabs two towels and we sit in the living room, Luke and I wrapped in the towels.

"I can't believe we're getting married." I squeal.

"I can't believe you thought I was cheating on you." Luke says.

"Yeah, let's NEVER talk of that again. EVER." I order. Everyone nod.

"I need to phone some of my people." I tell them and get up, grabbing my phone.

"Hello?" mum asks through the phone.

"Hi mum."

"Hi sweetheart, what's up?" she replies.

"Well, I've got news. Luke and I are engaged." I smile.

Mum squeals and I pull the phone away from my ear.

"You done?" I laugh.

"Oh, I'm so happy little girl! Happy birthday." mum adds.

"Thanks mum, see you later, bye." and we hang up.

Next person.

"Hello? Dilan?"

"Um, Ashley?" I ask.

"Oh, Ava! You are Ava my sister Ava not...not the other one. Hello." Ashley gushes awkwardly.

"So, who's Dilan?" I ask.

"No one...No one, not important. At least...no one! What's up?" Ashley chuckles.

"Well, Luke and I are engaged." I tell her.

"What?! Seriously? That's great! I'm so happy for you, just don't get hit by another car or that'll really screw things up." Ashley's sarcastic smile can be heard in her voice. "Ok, I'll Skype you tomorrow but now I have to go and...um. I have to go. Byee!"Ashley quickly hangs up.

Last person.

"How's my best bitch?" Tyler asks.

"She's doing great. Listen, I've got some news." I say.

"Do tell."

"Luke and I are engaged." I tell him.

"Oh my god!! Congrats girl! Ok, about the wedding, I'll be the best man, of course, we'll go dress shopping, you can have five dresses for your big day, oh, and..." I stop listening after that.

I think Tyler's more excited about my wedding than I am...