Chapter 1 - Jennie's Twitter Announcement

Hey babe, I am studying real hard for this exam tomorrow, I hope I do well - Lisa texted to her girlfriend Jisoo.

She was a student at the Ramkhamhaeng University in Bangkok for four years now and she was really excited to finish her college education so she could find a job and support herself. One of her dreams was to become a photographer, but she knew that being a successful photographer in a modern day world was not easy, so she was hoping she would find a job that would allow her to have a steady income, but also a job that would allow her to have time to follow her passion.

She and Jisoo have been dating for three years now. Lisa has been happy, but she felt that Jisoo was being distant for the last couple of months. The distance was subtle in the beginning, and Lisa didn't mind, since she thought that Jisoo was just adjusting to her new job. Lisa thought Jisoo just needed space but after a while she talked to Jisoo about it. Jisoo admitted that she felt the same, and they both agreed they would work on being closer again. It worked for a couple of weeks, but lately, Lisa had this nagging feeling again that something wasn't right with Jisoo. But this time, she didn't want to pressure Jisoo into a new conversation, feeling that she might upset her. This time, she just wanted to improve their relationship by talking to her more, texting her more, giving her more love and generally giving herself more into the relationship than ever before. And that meant a lot of texting, talking over the phone, seeing each other in person, going out, doing activities that interest Jisoo and generally being there for Jisoo whenever Jisoo needed it. All of which constitutes a normal relationship, but in Lisa's case, times a hundred.

Jisoo has seen your message.

Lisa didn't want to nag, she knew Jisoo was probably doing something important so she continued with her studying for her exam. Every now and then she would check her Facebook or her Instagram or her Twitter, mostly because she was bored and the things she was studying felt like they weren't TOO hard.

After a while she went to Jennie Kim's Twitter profile. Jennie Kim was a famous singer from Korea, and Lisa has been following her since the very beginning of her career. She was impressed by Jennie's vocal skills and rap skills, and she generally liked the songs Jennie was coming up with. She has seen a lot of interviews that featured Jennie, and she genuinely thought that Jennie was a nice and sincere person - serious when it comes to her work, but also kind of goofy when she needs to be. Many times she has joked around that Jennie was her celebrity crush around Jisoo. Jisoo didn't mind, as long as she knew that it was just an innocent crush. Everyone had a celebrity crush, even Jisoo, so why shouldn't I have one? Lisa thought.

Lately, Lisa stopped with her fangirl crushing around Jisoo because she thought that she was actually hurting Jisoo's feelings. Jisoo denied it strongly, but something about her body language told Lisa that it wasn't a smart idea to provoke her anymore. Lisa stopped with her fangirling even though Jisoo would comment from time to time how hot Rita Ora or Emma Stone are. Lisa didn't mind it, but she also found it kind of hypocritical.

Lisa was browsing through Jennie's profile for the 1000th time that day. She was refreshing Jennie's Twitter profile out of boredom, hoping something new would pop up. Then she stopped and continued with her studying.

Her phone vibrated and it was a text from Jisoo.

I hope you do well too :* was what she replied.

A year ago, that text message would have been a lot longer with a lot more kisses and with a much happier tone. Now all Lisa gets is bare bones. But she would take it because she would rather have this type of Jisoo than no Jisoo at all. A small smile sat on Lisa's face. She wasn't happy, but she thought it was just something she and Jisoo had to work at.

After she read the message, she went back to Jennie's Twitter profile and refreshed it again. Just as she did that, a video popped up. Lisa was pleasantly surprised and she clicked on the video to see what Jennie had posted.

"Baby nal teojil geoscheoreom anajwo, geuman saenggakhae mwoga geuri eoryeowo

geojimalcheoreom kiseuhaejwo naega neoege, majimak sarangin geoscheoreooom" - Jennie sang as the guitar player that was sitting beside her played the chords to her hit single As if it's your last. As she ended her singing of the chorus with the word "geoscheoreom", she laughed and turned to her guitarist and said: "Chan, that's enough".

They both smiled at each other and Jennie looked back at the camera and said:

"Hi JennieKim-fighters! I hope you enjoyed that, that was an acoustic rendition of As if it's your last, and as you know, this is Chanyeol, my guitarist. Say "Hi!" Chanyeol"

"Hi!" - he replied enthusiastically. They both laughed at that, and so did Lisa watching it.

They're so cute was the mental note Lisa made at that moment, giggling and smiling from ear to ear.

"Anyway" Jennie continued, as if she was waiting for Lisa to stop giggling "the reason why we did an acoustic rendition of that song for you right now is because we have been working on a secret project for the last couple of weeks."

Lisa widened her eyes. She felt confused but she wanted to know what Jennie wanted to say next.

"In three days, I will be having my first ever acoustic concert here in Seoul in Club FF. The reason why I haven't told you this before is because I wanted it to be a more private and intimate concert for a small number of my fans. I have been told that only 100 tickets will be released for this concert, and you will be able to buy a ticket on my official webpage in exactly an hour."

Lisa was smiling even harder than before. She has never been to Korea and she has never seen Jennie perform live, but she thought this would be the best way to experience her music - live vocals, knowing for sure nothing was prerecorded, instruments following her voice. But she also knew that flying to Korea wasn't cheap, especially with only a three-day notice. She also knew that getting a ticket for Jennie's show wasn't going to be easy. All of those thoughts were rushing really fast through her head as Jennie continued to talk.

"I will be performing all of my songs, a couple of songs that are not finished yet and a couple of covers from both Korean and non-Korean artists. The new songs that are not completely finished yet are my way of thanking you, my fans, for your support. I highly recommend you bring your phones so you can film me performing them, as my camera crew will also be filming it for my YouTube channel later on. I am proud of these new songs because I also had a chance to work on writing them and I am generally proud of the arrangements and uh.... My vocal performance on them."

She looked at Chanyeol at that last part, giggling like she was telling a secret to the rest of the world. Chanyeol laughed with her, noting that he was really impressed with her performance of the new songs.

"So yeah, I'm proud of them and that's why I want people to record it and spread it around and spread around the love" she giggled.

"That's it, JennieKim-fighters, hope to see you soon! Byeee!"

"Bye!" Chanyeol added at the end, causing Jennie to smile once more.

Lisa was ecstatic. She wasn't usually a person who took risks, but this time, she really wanted to see Jennie perform live and she really wanted to travel to Korea.

I have been following this girl for the past two years, why shouldn't I see her live? Lisa thought.