Chapter 22 - A Night out with Chaeyoung

"Oh Lisa... I'm so sorry." Chaeyoung spoke softly as they were downing down their second beer at a local bar.

The whole day today Lisa was acting as if nothing had happened last night between her and Jisoo; in the morning she kissed Jisoo before she went to her lecture, during the day she texted her a couple of times, and Jisoo actually replied surprisingly well, even offering a couple of kiss and heart emojis every now and then. Later on, when Lisa wrote to Jisoo that she was going out with Chaeyoung after the interview, Jisoo didn't attack her for not going with her to the aforementioned winter-themed wonderland.

Lisa just kept busy throughout the day, trying to distract herself from thinking about everything too much.

"You know, I mean, yeah..." She spoke, slurring her words a bit. Lisa was a lightweight when it came to drinking. She continued: "Today was... She was actually okay... She texted me normally, even with kisses and hearts!"

Chaeyoung laughed because of Lisa's slurring: "Oh! I'm glad to hear that"

"Yeah... But, you know... How long... How long before we start to fight again? And then what... Do we go on like this forever? Are we that grumpy couple who doesn't kiss, doesn't hold hands and doesn't looove each other?" She gave a sloppy wink towards Chaeyoung when she said the word "looove" and Chaeyoung chuckled.

"Are we just going to be together because... we got used to each other? And then, on top of being used to each other, resenting each other?" Lisa was slurring and shouting a bit, but Chaeyoung didn't mind, she tried to understand how Lisa was feeling.

"Okay... But the question always is, Lisa, and remember, you have the power over this question - what do YOU want to do? Remember, before you would tell me that you want to fight for it. But tell me now.... What do you want to do now?"

"Chaeng.... It's not that simple." Lisa put her hands on the counter of the bar and then her head on top of her arms, trying to rest her head.

"Can I get two tequila shots, please? I need to wake up this goofball, thanks!" Chaeyoung asked the bartender kindly and they both chuckled.

"Oh! Tequila shots! We're getting wild tonight!"

"Actually, I didn't plan on that, but, since you're my friend, and this is an emergency and.... I actually wanted to take a break from work in the most random way possible... Yeah... We're getting wild tonight! Woo-woo, cheers!"

"Woo woo! Cheers!"

They downed their shots, and ordered two more beers and two more tequila shots.

"So I found out this club, where only for tonight, they're having a Kpop evening." Chaeyoung smiled.

"Oh no you didn't!" Lisa's smile grew bigger.

"Yup, everything you like, from the older generations to-"

"JENNIE KIM! OH YES! HIT YOU WITH THAT DDU-DU DDU-DU!" Lisa started to dance in her seat, and Chaeyoung, being the kind friend that she is, joined Lisa in her mini-choreography.

"Chaeng... I'm sorry, I bored you again tonight with my problems. I promise, if you want to, we can talk about them tomorrow when I get sober. I thought I would want to talk about them tonight, you know, talking, drinking, discussing... But I don't want to spoil my night with dumb "old Lisoo" problems. Let's finish this up and get to that bar you've mentioned."

"Sounds like a great idea! Cheers!" They downed their tequila shots again and finished their beers quickly, discussing Lisa's interview that happened that day:

"Oh it was great! I came to their building. They were really nice. They talked about my upbringing, looked at more of my photographs. Then we talked about Jennie and the whole thing in Seoul. They really took interest when it came to my story, so yeah... I think it went well. They said I was one of the last interviews they were planning on for this month's edition, and that they expect it to be published digitally and in print pretty soon, actually."