Chapter 37 - The Nerves

Lisa woke up with a huge grin and with butterflies in her stomach. Oh, I just hope I'm not late. She thought before looking at the time. But why would I be late? Chaeyoung would have woken me up. Yeah... Look at her, sleeping like a log with her mouth open. Precious.

She then picked up her phone and saw she had woken up early.

Well, might as well let Chaeng sleep for a bit, I could go freshen up a bit. I won't eat anything because - bagels with Jennie! Or anything else... but bagels!

Lisa went to take a shower and to freshen up for her meeting with Jennie. Meeting? Or is it a date? Ohh... Just thinking of her now makes me so nervous. Lisa was scared and excited at the same time. She didn't know what to feel and how to feel, she just knew she felt something.

Just see how it goes, Lisa. Don't think about it too much. Just feel. -She told herself before getting out of the bathroom.

"Oh, glad you took a shower!" Chaeyoung mocked as Lisa got out of the bathroom.

"Yeah, well, now it's your turn." Lisa imitated her as she went to the living room to watch some TV. They both smiled at each other before Chaeyoung entered the bathroom. She wanted to take her mind off of Jennie because she was feeling more and more nervous.

Calm down Lisa... You're just going to hang around. With Jennie. One of the biggest celebrities in Korea. No pressure there... Oh why am I doing this to myself? Lisa was overwhelmed with feelings but she shook herself out of it pretty soon.

No. I will go. I will meet her again in person. We will talk. We will have a nice time. I will even offer to buy the bagels myself! Yeah... That's right, you're the celebrity, you make more money, but no no... Not me, I'm not going to be nervous just by the mention of your celebrity status! No, no! I am going to be cool and smooth and buy those bagels like it ain't a thing!

After giving herself that little pep-talk, Lisa felt lighter. I can do this!

Chaeyoung quickly got out of the shower and ate breakfast before joining Lisa on the couch.

"Aren't you going to eat too?" she asked before remembering: "Oh yeah, that's right, the date. You'll eat there... Oh, I'm sorry, are we calling it a date?" Chaeyoung teased.

"I wish!" Lisa blurted out before realizing what she said. She covered her mouth because she felt surprised.

"Oh, you wish?" Chaeyoung was eager to listen.

"I mean... I don't know. I just want us, me and her, to have a good time, you know?"

"I know. Well, I know that with your attitude, she will definitely have a good time. And I have a feeling that if she's going to have a good time, you will too." Chaeyoung smiled at the end.

"I'm too cool for her... I'm too cool for everyone..." Lisa joked, trying to lighten up the mood and to boost her self-esteem a bit.

"Of course you are!" Chaeyoung agreed as she finished her breakfast.

"Now, you ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be." Lisa responded.

"I meant are you ready to go now, but okay, that answer is good too" Chaeyoung smirked at Lisa as they got out of the apartment.

The drive to the mall was kind of silent, mostly because Chaeyoung was watching how she drove through the heavy morning traffic and because Lisa was getting more nervous by the second.

You can do this, Lisa, bagels! Remember... You own that line. When you meet her again, just be smooth.... Sheesh... Was I this nervous the first time I met her? Probably.

"We're here!" Chaeyoung broke her out of her trance.

Lisa sat there for a second, trying to catch her breath.

"I can... I can turn around and drive you home if... If you're not feeling well." Chaeyoung spoke softly.

Lisa calmed herself down. "It's stupid Chaeyoung. I mean... We're just going to hang out. I don't even know why I'm like this. But I have to do this. For myself. I have to see how I feel." Lisa spoke calmly.

"You're right." Chaeyoung nodded her head.

"Thanks for driving me here." Lisa replied with a smile and kissed Chaeyoung on the cheek.

"See you later Lis! Have fun! I'll text you when I'm done!"

"Have a great day at work Chaeng, see you later!" Lisa waved at her before Chaeyoung drove away.

Okay, now I have an hour before she gets here. What should I do?

At first Lisa found a free bench in front of the mall where she sat a couple of minutes.

After a while, however, she got nervous so she paced around the bench, feeling the nerves in her body all over again.

Maybe... Maybe I should go around the mall for a bit. I should see where the umbrellas are and where that escalator is so that we can meet. I guess I could also snoop around and see if there's like a coffee shop that also sells bagels as well or something... Yeah, walking will calm me down, at least a bit. Oh! Oh! I could take some photographs too, that'll be a nice icebreaker or something!

Lisa went inside the mall. She put earbuds into her ears so that she could listen to some music and calm down a bit. She immediately skipped Jennie's songs since she knew that would make her feel even more nervous.

Oh, what's the use? My brain will just find another way to associate any song with her. I mean, look at this! If I put on a Twice song, it will remind me of her because she sang their song at her concert... Exo is not an option since, well, Chanyeol and Kai performed at her concert as well... Oh and yeah, she sang three of their songs... Guh!

Lisa didn't even go on through the list of her songs because she knew it would be futile. She knew that somehow her brain could connect any song with Jennie at any point, so she stopped herself.

She then took out her camera from her bag as she started to photograph anything that might seem interesting at the moment - the crowds from a distance, the umbrellas, the colorful stores...

Okay, okay, okay... Nice restaurant. A coffee shop. A newsstand. A clothing store... Wait! Yeah, look, that coffee shop also serves food! Oh my! Wow! And it's actually close to the umbrellas! First victory of the day!

Lisa felt victorious for one second before she felt her phone buzz.

Oh my, look at the time, I should be heading to the umbrellas. Is that... Is that a message from Jennie? Let me see what she wrote.

I'm here! Hope to see you soon :* :)

Lisa lifted her head towards the umbrellas and then to the escalator.

There she was, staring at her phone, looking for a reply from Lisa.

Lisa didn't want to keep her waiting so she texted:

I'll be right there :) :*

Her stomach dropped as she was approaching Jennie who was facing the other way around.

Welp, I guess this is it!