Chapter 11 - The Aftermath

The concert ended on a high note:

"Everyone, this is my last song for tonight! I had a great time with you, I hope you had a great evening as well. This is DDU-DU DDU-DU." Jennie ended with a sad smile. She looked a bit sad because the evening was ending, but she was also happy because the evening went well.

This evening was amazing. Chanyeol on the guitar and backing vocals was great, Kai's appearance was unexpected, but so beautiful and Jennie... Oh Jennie.... The way you sang those songs... This whole thing... I don't know, I'm blown away. Lisa mused while looking at the list of songs Jennie sang during the evening:

Whistle

Boombayah

Really

She Will be Loved (Maroon 5)

Counting Stars (OneRepublic)

Playing with Fire

Love Me Right (Exo)

Heart Shaker (Twice)

See U Later

Power (Exo)

The Road to Mandalay (Robbie Williams)

Look After You (The Fray)

Stay

As if it's your last

Don't Go (Exo)

Forever Young

DDU-DU DDU-DU

She circled out the songs that really blew her away. She especially circled out Stay since it was her favorite Jennie Kim song, and it holds a special place in Lisa's heart. Stay was playing in the restaurant where Lisa took Jisoo out on their first year anniversary. Lisa was out of her trance when she heard Jennie shout towards the audience:

"Thank you very much for coming, my JennieKim-fighters! Now let me introduce you to my band!" Jennie said with a huge smile, introducing every member by name. Every band member was given a round of applause and they all bowed with a grateful smile on their faces. Then all the members, including Jennie, Kai and Chanyeol wrapped their arms around each other and gave the audience a collective bow. Everyone was applauding and cheering, and a sense of accomplishment and happiness was spreading through the room.

They really did "spread the loooove" tonight. Lisa was clapping and smiling so hard, her hands and face hurt. She felt really proud because she was following such talented artists. She felt pride for Jennie, since this night really was a big deal for her and she nailed it. Jennie, Chanyeol, Kai and the band went backstage. Some of the people from the crowd started to leave quietly, but most of them stayed for another drink.

Lisa stood up from her seat and went to the stage to see if there was a written setlist on the floor of the stage and she found one tucked beneath one of the bar stools. It wasn't very visible, but Lisa had a good eye, so she spotted it and took it.

Oh man, if only she would come back out and sign this setlist, that would be perfect. Just as she thought of that, Jennie came back out one more time in a huge hoodie and sunglasses, so that if you weren't paying attention, you would think that she was a part of the crew. Nobody from the crowd seemed to notice, except of course Lisa because she was standing right next to the stage. Jennie was even hunching her back and shoulders so that she wouldn't be caught. She didn't mind being caught, but she was in a hurry because of her management and she just needed to get her personal microphone that she left on stage.