Chapter 24 - Getting the Job

Days passed by as Lisa and Jisoo started to talk about New Zealand. They needed to pay half for the trip by the end of December and the other half by the end of February. Most of the discussions were held over the phone or via DMs due to the fact that they both had a lot of things to do during the day, and at night they were mostly tired.

Sometimes they weren't tired, but they had obligations that couldn't be postponed and they had to do them in the evening - Lisa had to do her obligations that were university-related, while Jisoo had to things that were work-related. The tension in their relationship fluctuated - there were better days, there were worse days. There were days when they saw each other, there were days when they just couldn't find the time.

Lisa noticed this pretty soon so she started to wonder. What if we move in with one another? I mean... We would see each other more often. And we could hang out more often, which would definitely allow us to work on our relationship even more. It is a big step, but then again, we have been together for three years, so... At this point, it's either a step forward or no step at all.

She broke out of her trance when her phone buzzed, it was the number from the magazine she did the interview with.

"Hi?" Lisa was confused.

"Hello, Lisa. I'm calling you to tell you that we have published the newest issue of the magazine with your interview, and we'll be sending you a link to it and a print version as well to your home."

"Oh thank you so much for notifying me, I am really glad I did the interview and I can't wait to see it!"

"We are glad we were able to have it with you! Also, I really shouldn't be saying this, but we really liked you here, so I'm just going to tell you anyway."

"What is it?" Lisa answered confused.

"Do you remember the agency we talked about, the one that is looking for new photographers?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, as you recall, we gave them your information, and they just notified us they will be calling you. They liked your work. So yeah, you can expect their call pretty soon."

"Oh wow, oh my... I can't believe it! Thank you so so much, once again!"

"No problem, Lisa, we hope you take the offer and we hope you have a great career in photography."

"Thank you so much, oh... Wow!"

"Have a great day Lisa!"

"Thank you, you too!" They both hung up and Lisa was ecstatic.

Imagine.... I knew it COULD happen, but... It's still great to hear that someone's interested in my work. My first paying photography job. How cool is that?

Lisa texted Chaeyoung and Jisoo about the news, knowing they would see it later since they were both probably busy at the moment.

Just as she finished her text, she opened up her e-mail account on her laptop to see the link to the interview. Oh my... This is so amazing! I can't wait to have the print version.

She read the whole interview and was really satisfied with it. Some day soon, this will all matter. Every step I had to take, however slow. I just need to be patient.

Her phone vibrated and it was an unknown number. Lisa suspected it would be the agency, and she wasn't wrong. She was really excited talking to them which showed in her voice.

"Well, okay, miss Manoban, are you able to come to our building tomorrow so we can do the full interview? We will be needing your CV and more of your work, if that is not a problem."