Chapter 59 - Better Than Expected

Lisa woke up a bit hungover from last night, but it didn't feel as bad as it would when she would go out clubbing with Chaeyoung. Ah Chaeyoung! She's been so busy these days, I miss her. I mean, I'm so proud of her work and everything she's done and everything that she will do... But I do miss her.

A smile soon appeared on Lisa's face because she remembered last night. She was lying in her bed happily.

I can't wait to talk to Chaeyoung about what happened last night hahaha.... Me, having a drunk conversation with a drunk Jennie AND I didn't embarrass myself. Not only that, I didn't expose myself. Yeah, imagine doing that while drunk.... Never a good idea. I need to be sober when and if I ever do that. Lisa mused as she was getting out her bed and going to the kitchen to grab something to eat.

Also Jisoo.... I guess that topic needs to be addressed as well. But first, I have to get that meeting with her out of the way. And it has to be today. I don't want to delay the inevitable.

Lisa then took her phone and started to think about what she should write. It should definitely be simple and definitely nothing fancy. She then wrote:

Are you free today at 5pm?

Jisoo nearly immediately replied. Lisa was surprised - Oh, look at Jisoo actually using her phone and texting back! Some things... do change? Nah, probably just a coincidence. Jisoo's message read:

Sure! :) Where do you want to meet?

To which Lisa simply replied:

At the dance center, there's a cafe nearby where we can sit.

She then put her phone away and started to concentrate on her Master's thesis once again, even for a little bit.

Yeah, it's going to be hard to do this because of this whole situation and me thinking about what today might bring, but I have to continue my research.

Lisa turned on some music so she would distract herself from too much thinking about today. When the time came, she got prepared to head out of her apartment to meet up with Jisoo.

I hope she won't be late, I really don't want to drag this more than I have to - she mused as she arrived in front of the dance center. Jisoo soon arrived as well.

"Hey." Jisoo faintly smiled while approaching to Lisa.

"Hey." Lisa responded coldly.

"If you still think this is a bad idea-"

"I do, but like I said, if you want to talk, we can talk." Lisa responded calmly.

"Okay.... Where is the cafe then?" Jisoo answered with a small smile again.

"Let's go." Lisa instructed her and they walked towards it.

The walk towards the cafe was mostly silent and awkward. When they did talk, Jisoo would usually initiate it by commenting on the weather or the traffic. Lisa would just nod her head as they were walking.

They soon sat down and ordered their drinks.

"So..." Jisoo started awkwardly.

"So?" Lisa calmly replied once again.

"I... Uh... I..." Jisoo didn't know where to start because Lisa was giving off a cold vibe. Lisa waited patiently for Jisoo to start but pretty soon, Jisoo was just silent and she did not know how to open up the conversation.

Ugh...! I can't believe I actually feel sorry for her in this situation. Okay... I will start the conversation. Lisa thought to herself while feeling mildly annoyed.