Chapter 96 - Ending on a High Note

"Good evening every one, we are Blackpink and this is Boombayah!" Jennie shouted out to a crowded indoor venue at a music event where Blackpink were having their first live performance.

Earlier that day, the music video was released and it was already picking up a lot of steam online. Two types of fans were forming - the ones who were confused by Jennie's decision to join the group and the ones who followed everything on social media and knew what was going on.

One single opinion did form in all of this - the song in its new arrangement with four voices instead of one was instantly praised. Everyone really enjoyed the new arrangement as well as the choreography that the girls performed in the video. Comments of praise were shared online for the group, which really gave them confidence for what they were doing. They all knew they could do it and they were proud of themselves.

Throughout the day they also visited radio stations as well and they were happy they could have their first interviews as a group. Jennie even expressed sadness when they came to Radio Kiss FM because Yeri no longer worked there - she however did remember that Red Velvet would be performing at the same event as Blackpink will, so her sadness quickly faded upon realizing she would get to see her friend perform later.

Once they were done with their promotions on the radio stations, the group went to the designated venue to prepare backstage for the event. The backstage was huge, even having a lot of separate rooms for all the groups that were going to perform that evening. There was generally a positive vibe between members of certain groups due to the fact that they were promoting a lot of new material - Twice's new song "Yes or Yes" and Exo's "Tempo" were notable examples.

But the stage was first took over by Blackpink who charmed everyone with their choreography, singing, rapping and personality. All the pieces were coming together and the performance was absolutely flawless. Even though the girls were nervous before they started to sing, they really wanted to showcase their individual as well as group their talent.

The energy in the venue alone was enough for everyone to really enjoy the experience of this new group.

Lisa didn't think too much. She knew that if she were to overthink things, the experience wouldn't be enjoyable. After Jennie opened the song with "Blackpink in your area", it was Lisa's turn. She rapped the first part of the song confidently and that gave confidence to Jisoo and Chaeyoung to overcome their stage fright as well. Jennie beamed proudly as she was looking at her fellow members, knowing that they could achieve great things together later in life, just like they were achieving great things that evening.

The song was soon over and a huge applause was heard throughout the venue, along with really loud cheering. Their performance really ended on a high note and they were proud of each other.

Soon the group went backstage.

"AAAAAAA!"

"AAAAAAA!"

"AAAAAAAAAA!" The girls were screaming at each other from the excitement.

"I can't believe it, it was such an out-of-body experience!"

"I know, right? It was so amazing! AAAAAA! I can't wait to do it again!"

"You were amazing!"

"No, you were amazing!"

"We all were amazing!" The group couldn't compliment each other enough. Jennie was on the side, grinning from ear to ear, proud of the way they performed that song.

Pretty soon, they were greeted by Chanyeol who was passing by.

"Jennie, it's so nice to see you!" He spoke to her first as he hugged her. "I mean, I've been following things about this group on social media and all but wow... I was really impressed by what I saw tonight! And Lisa! Wow...! I have no words, congratulations on... On everything!" He then hugged Lisa as well. "Oh, I'm so sorry, I haven't even introduced myself, I'm Chanyeol!" He spoke happily towards Chaeyoung and Jisoo with a huge grin on his face.