Chapter 2 - Chaeyoung to the Rescue!

Lisa called Jisoo on the phone.

"Hey babe!" Lisa said happily.

"Heeey, what are you so happy about?" Jisoo questioned with a slight smile in her voice.

"Oh nothing, it's always nice to hear you!"

"Oh you, hahaha" Jisoo said kind of mockingly. "It's nice to hear you, too." She continued in a more serious tone.

Lisa stopped for a second to collect her thoughts and to arrange, in her head, what she wanted to say to Jisoo. Very quickly she began with her semi-frantic monologue:

"So listen, you know I like Jennie Kim and her music, right?"

"Ugh, yes, you always talk about h-"

"Good!" Lisa cut her off before she could end the sentence, sensing Jisoo's annoyance because of the mention of Jennie's name. Jisoo was kind of surprised by this, but she didn't comment on it.

"Anyway" Lisa continued "She has a concert in three days in Seoul and I want to go there. I know, it's a long flight, I know it will be expensive, but I have saved some money and I really want to see her!" She ended enthusiastically.

"Okay...." Jisoo said confused. "So.... Why are you telling me this? I mean, I get it, but... You're a big girl" They both laughed at that since Lisa was known to act childish from time to time. "You can do whatever you want."

"I know, but you're my girlfriend, and I wanted to let my girlfriend know where I would be in three days if I get the ticket for her concert and if I find a cheap flight to Seoul." Lisa stated triumphantly as if she already managed to do all of that.

"What do you mean, IF you get the ticket...? I mean, I know Jennie sells out arenas in minutes, but still, you should be able to get a ticket if you order it on time."

"Yeah, well, the thing is, this won't be a tour. This is just a one-off concert. Her first acoustic one, actually. And it will be in a smaller club, at least I think it's a smaller club since there will only be a 100 tickets available in an hour on her website."

"A 100 tickets? Good freakin' luck!" Jisoo laughed maniacally.

"Why so meeean?"

"Oh come on, you know I was kidding" Jisoo half-yelled annoyed.

"Okay, okay... I know, it's just...." Lisa went apologetically, wanting to avoid an argument.

"Aish... You sometimes..." Jisoo grumbled. Lisa stopped for a second in order for Jisoo to calm down. Jisoo continued as if nothing happened:

"So, why go to her concert now?"

"What do you mean?"

"You've been following this girl for 2 years now. Why haven't you seen her sooner, why now?"

"Well, actually, as you know... I mean..." Lisa stumbled, but after a couple of seconds continued: "I haven't really thought about it too much. It's just that this past year has been really tough with all the changes - my exams got harder, some of the new professors at my college are awful, you got a new job and we are not seeing each other as often... I just wanted to relax and reward myself... I mean, there's nothing to reward myself for, but you get the point. I want to try something new! I haven't seen her before because things didn't work out as I thought they would, I don't know..."

Jisoo scoffed at the part "not seeing each other as often" but didn't comment on it. Lisa was scared she would get angry again, but she couldn't help herself while she was saying that. They both were silent for a second and then Lisa continued in a somewhat more hopeful tone: