Chapter 53 - Another Familiar Face

"Okay... Great, Lisa! Yes, the finger guns... Yup, now that! Turn around! Excellent!" The two instructors were cheering Lisa on as she started, little by little, to pick up on the DDU-DU DDU-DU choreography.

"No seriously, Lisa, you really shouldn't be here... I mean, we're definitely glad to have you on board, but you should definitely consider for a more advanced group at this point." One of them pointed out.

"Thank you! And I will, but for now, I definitely like it here. And I like working with you two, you are very considerate and helpful. Plus, even though the classes are for beginners, it still makes me feel relaxed when I come here, you know? I just feel like I can be myself." Lisa responded.

"We're glad we created such an atmosphere then. We just hope you don't get bored or quit because you're going too slow or anything." the duo was concerned.

"Don't worry! In these last few days, dancing really grew on me, and I can definitely see myself working on it in the future." Lisa responded cheerfully, waving her hands.

"Oh, okay, great then! Let's go through the steps for the choreography one more time. I think you've got most of it pretty good, but I just want to be safe that you know what you're doing." one of the instructors spoke and that made Lisa smile.

They're so caring and nurturing, they really look out for their groups.

"Let's play the music, aaaaand, go..."

Lisa then performed the choreography from the chorus one more time and this time the instructors just nodded their heads and looked at each other proudly.

"Yup, that was it... I'll be honest Lisa, some people were born to dance. You are one of those people."

"Oh, shut up!" Lisa blushed and giggled.

"No, we're serious!"

"Then how come I've always failed to do the choreography before?"

"Oh, I think I might know the answer to this one, I've heard people telling me this before..." one of the instructors smirked. "Where would you usually perform it?"

"In the club"

"Were you also drunk in the club when you performed it?"

"Yes." Lisa spoke shyly while looking at the floor.

"Well, yeah..." The two chuckled at Lisa's response.

"Yeah.... huh..." Lisa stopped then and smiled. They're probably right. "Thank you for this. Thank you for making me realize this." Lisa smiled at the two and they were all happy at the moment. Lisa then added:

"I'm going to go now, I will be late for work so... But see you tomorrow!" Lisa smiled as she packed her things.

"Oh, that's okay, we have another session of beginners now. See you tomorrow Lisa!"

"Byeee!" She waved happily as she exited the room and they waved back.

As soon as she got out of the room and went through the hallway, a whole new group of people started to walk in the opposite direction towards Lisa and into the room.

Lisa was in a hurry, so she didn't pay much attention, but she thought she saw someone she knew in the crowd. Nah, must be my imagination... I mean, BamBam is already here, in what world would I have to live in that I saw ANOTHER familiar face in this center? Yeah, no, definitely just a coincidence.

Lisa then walked out of the center and went to the designated event - it was a small food and music festival at one of the cities smaller squares. Food and music, one of life's better combinations. Lisa mused as she photographed away during the event.

Why can't I stop thinking about that crowd in the dance center today? I think I really did see someone familiar and now it's gnawing at my brain. I'll try to see tomorrow if the person will appear again.

When Lisa was done with her job for that day, she went home to relax and to send the photos to the agency.

Okay, and now time to relax, it has been a really long and eventful day and I've done a lot of things so.... Time for some videogames! Oh, what are we going to be playing today? Some new game... Hmmm... Maybe, let's see here.... Hmmm... No... Nope.... Not this.... Nah, I don't feel like this today...

Lisa went through her game collection when she stumbled upon something she considered an old gem. Crash. Team. Racing. Oh wow, I haven't played that one in a while. Probably because Chaeng and I haven't played it together in a while. Oh, when I move to Korea, we're definitely having game nights again!

She then turned on the game and went on to play. She posted a photo of herself online playing the game with the caption "Old school is better than no school!" and continued with the game.

Later, when she was finished, she decided to text Jennie:

Hey! Just wanted to let you know that I've started to take dance lessons so that I can dance properly at your concert haha :) I hope you're having a great day and that the preparations for the tour are going well too :*

She then went to brush her teeth and to go to bed.

It's late, she's probably tired, she'll probably text me tomorrow or later in general. Yeah... And I really should get some sleep now. Tomorrow is a busy day once again... She mused before falling asleep.

The following morning Lisa woke up early because she had another event she had to photograph. Oh yeah, a gallery opened today and nothing's better than to see some art, let's go! Lisa thought as she got out of her apartment.

Wow, the artist really put effort into this. She mused as she walked through the gallery and took some photos of the work and the people.

When she was finished, she went home to prepare herself a meal and to send the photos to the agency. When she was done with all of that, she sat down to think more about her Master's thesis and the way she wanted to write it.

What a day I've had already and now it's time for this... phew, this is going to be a lot of work and a lot of research. I should definitely prepare a questionnaire for this as well.

Lisa then tirelessly continued with her research in order to finish her thesis properly. She knew it would take weeks before it would be done, but she was prepared to work as much as she could for it to be just right.

Ah, okay, done for today, now, let's get ready for dancing!

Lisa then prepared and took everything necessary for her dance lesson and went out of the apartment to catch her bus.

The lesson she had that day was again something she was very good at, and she was definitely proud of how she was doing.

I can't wait to do a little dance in front of Jennie, she'll be so mesmerized by me.... Hah, like that's going to matter anything if she's seeing someone... I definitely have to ask her these days if what she said at the radio show is true... But I have to be respectful about it, I don't want to pry. But I do want to know. Because if I fall any deeper and find out she is with someone well.... Well, I will survive that, but, I want to lessen my pain as much as possible if a thing like that does happen. Wow... Look at me, being all adult about this... Chaeng would be proud! She smiled as she continued to follow the lesson of today, which was working on their balance.

"So, to end this session today, just like in life - everything is about balance. You have to find a strong place inside yourself and work on it so that you can balance everything that you have - your body is the key to all of this. Anyway, thank you all for coming today, we'll see each other tomorrow!"

Lisa then stayed for those extra 15 minutes where she worked with the two instructors for the rest of the DDU-DU DDU-DU choreography. I mean, I might as well learn more since we've established that I've learned the bit when the chorus plays. Lisa thought to herself.

When those 15 minutes were done, she collected all her things and went out the room, facing the same crowd she saw yesterday. Oh, I have to concentrate now and find that pers- Lisa's heart stopped for a second and she felt a nauseating feeling in her gut, like someone hit her real bad.

What is Jisoo doing here? She thought to herself as Jisoo entered the room, not noticing Lisa.