Chapter 26 - Time and Courage

The following day, Lisa woke up before Chaeyoung. It was a Sunday so they both could sleep in, but Lisa couldn't sleep anymore. Lisa quietly put her shoes on and went out of the apartment.

I hate to leave her without saying bye, but I have to study today since yesterday was... Well, yesterday. At least this time my head isn't killing me. I'll just text her when I get home.

When Lisa entered her building, she went straight to her mailbox. There was the magazine with the interview she did waiting for her. She was excited and couldn't wait to get home to read it once again. Before doing that, she posted a selfie while also holding the magazine on her Instagram with the caption "It's here, the print version of my interview!"

She then went up to her apartment to study. Before that, she texted Chaeyoung that she went home without saying "bye" because she had to study and that she was sorry for it. Chaeyoung soon replied:

Oh don't worry Lisa, I just hope you had a great evening last night :*

Lisa replied with a smile:

You know I did :* And thank you for the talk :)

After a couple of hours her phone rang and it was the photography agency. Oh! I bet it's my first event!

"Hello." Lisa cheerfully answered.

"Hi, Lisa!" The voice on the other side cheerfully responded. "Is this the wrong time, can you talk?"

"Oh definitely, please, how can I help you?"

"Great! Listen, unfortunately it's flu season and some virus is going around so a lot of our newer photographers can't be doing the events we assigned to them. We wanted to take it slow with you, since you're a newcomer but we really need these events covered."

"I will be more than happy to do them." Lisa was excited.

"Okay, great! So don't get us wrong, they are nothing too hard, we still managed to salvage the situation and some of our older photographers chipped in to help."

"Even if they were "hard", I am ready." Lisa smiled.

"Oh confidence! We like that definitely. So, we have three events this following week - one on Monday, one on Wednesday and one on Friday. They are all late-afternoon and evening events, so they won't be messing up with your schedule. We will e-mail you the details about the events to your mail. And since this is a last-minute type of thing, you will get paid more, of course."

"Oh, thank you very much, I look forward to the events, you can send the e-mail now." Lisa replied with a smile.

"No problem, it was nice hearing from you, have a nice day!"

"You too." They both hung up and Lisa was excited again - Oh wow! Three events! And the magazine came! And I had a great night last night! Can't handle all this greatness- oh wait, look, a text message from Jisoo. I wonder what it is. The text message read:

Hey, sorry for not texting when I got home. The party was out of control last night. Listen, we have to meet up these days about New Zealand, we have to discuss some details and I think it would be best if we did it in person. Also, we have to pay the first bit by next Monday. Call me or text me when you see this.

Lisa just sat there looking at her phone. Huh... I don't know what to text her. Because... If I agree now and New Zealand still stands, that means that we're going. In April. And it would be really hard to keep this relationship alive up until April. I know I have to cool down and fall out of love properly, like Chaeyoung suggested, but April seems like too much time. She mused.

But... My other option concerning New Zealand is to tell her that I don't want to go. Then she will ask why. And then I can either lie to her and tell her that I "just don't feel like going to New Zealand anymore", or, I can tell her the truth and say "I don't want to go because I don't want to be with you anymore"... Oh my... I just said it. In my mind. But I said it. But... I still need more time. More than a week. Ugh! This is so much stress now. And I definitely want to tell her the truth. No lies.

Lisa sat on the floor of her room and didn't know what to do. She knew that if it was over, that she should tell Jisoo. She just felt like courage was escaping her every time she had the scenario played out in her head over again.

I need to get my mind off of this for a second. I need to watch cute cat videos or something. My brain is screaming.

Lisa then turned on YouTube and watched some videos to calm herself down and then switched to her Instagram. She saw that her latest photo got plenty of attention, but the one thing that stood out the most was, of course, Jennie Kim's comment.

She took the time to like and comment it, wow! Let's read this. The comment read:

Yay! Congrats! Hope it leads to even bigger things <3

The comment was followed by a series of warm and encouraging emojis, which Lisa found endearing.

She's so nice... I could just read her emojis all day and not get bored. I wonder what she's doing now anyway. Probably something cool. Or important. Or both. Lisa pondered with a smile. And then she remembered why she went to YouTube and Instagram.

I need to think this through. I need to find the courage and the time to tell Jisoo it's over.

She then breathed in heavily and called Jisoo's number.

"Hey, you've read my text?" Jisoo started the conversation.

"Hey, yeah... listen..." Lisa started sheepishly. "We should definitely meet up this week."

"Yeah, that's what I wrote." Jisoo said neutrally.

"I think Saturday works the best for me, because, the agency called and they said that I have three events this week."

"Oh, congratulations!" Jisoo said excitedly. "When are these events?"

"Thanks... Uh, Monday, Wednesday and Friday evening, why?"

"Well, then you have Tuesday and Thursday night free. We can hang out then and talk about New Zealand then. I need this to be done."

"Yeah, but I will be tired. I do have to study these days a lot."

"Aish... Whatever... Unbelievable... Saturday it is then."

"Oh... Okay. Saturday. We'll talk Saturday. Okay, bye Jisoo." Lisa said sheepishly again.

"Byeee!" Jisoo said annoyed as she hung up.

Time and courage. That's all I need. Lisa kept repeating to herself as she got back to her studying.