Chapter 30 - "It's all happening..."

"No, it's stupid!"

"I don't think it is. Silly a bit. But not stupid. And it's kinda cute!"

Lisa and Chaeyoung were discussing Lisa's girlcrush towards Jennie. Chaeyoung made the argument that everyone had a celebrity crush, and that there was no big deal about that part.

She also said that if Lisa is falling for Jennie, that wouldn't be weird or stupid. It would be Lisa's natural reaction to the situation - she had gone through a bad breakup, and a celebrity "rebound", even if not materialized, is a way for the heart to cope with the situation. Chaeyoung said that it was one way for Lisa's heart to start to heal.

"I mean, think about it, this is your heart telling you that it's not dead, it still can feel, it still wants warmth. And it means you are starting to heal. Like I said, a bit silly since she's a celebrity and you yourself said that nothing will ever happen, but again... healing. And I love a healing Lisa!" Chayeoung smiled as she said that. She then added: "Even if Jennie is not the one, even if you're still uncertain about what you feel or don't feel for her, it means you are slowly healing."

"I do agree about the healing part. Even if it's not a crush crush... It's still better than heartbreak from the breakup... But I still think it's kinda weird on my part to have this.... undefined feeling. I mean, I don't think I'm crushing crushing... But... Ugh, it's just weird. Heh." Lisa faintly smiled.

"Don't pressure yourself. With time and with other interactions with her, you will find a way to define that feeling. Take your time." Chaeyoung gave Lisa a reassuring smile, and Lisa smiled back.

They were sitting on Chaeyoung's balcony in her apartment, resting after they've just celebrated entering into a new year. It was early in the morning and all of the other guests were either sleeping on the floor and couch of Chaeyoung's apartment or they went home.

Lisa's wedding photo shoot was a success and the agency praised her for her work. They said they will notify her when any magazine decides to use her work in their issues. It didn't take long, and one of the major magazines called to buy exclusive rights to the photographs which were soon published in their monthly issue, giving more exposure towards Lisa's work.

Christmas was celebrated with family, Chaeyoung with her family and Lisa with her family. They still managed to hang out with each other in the evening, considering they considered each other family as well.

The last interaction with Jennie was when Lisa sent her the link to her photographs, to which Jennie replied with a lot of praise and encouragement. And a lot of kiss and heart emojis.

And now, here we are, talking about life, Jennie, Chaeyoung's move to Korea tomorrow... Life is always changing I guess. Lisa mused.

"What are you thinking about?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Oh how I'm going to miss you, Chaeng! But also how I'm so proud of you! And I can't wait for all the Korea stories you will have! And I can't wait to visit... Ugh! It's going to be the best time of your life, and I am really happy for you!" Lisa said enthusiastically.

"Oh my... Lisa! Thank you so much!" Chaeyoung smiled and Lisa hugged her.

"And remember, yeah, I will come to Thailand as much as possible, you will go over there. We will call each other, text each other, videocall each other... We might not see each other in person that many times in the beginning, but, you know... We will come up with a schedule... And who knows, maybe you'll get a job in Korea soon as well, like you mentioned...."

"Yeah, that would be great. You and me, living in Seoul with jobs. Ugh! I can't wait for that to happen!"

"Well, you're done with college this June, right?"

"Yeah... And maybe, after that, who knows?"

"Oh Lisa... It really would be great!"

"Imagine...!" Lisa smiled and now they were just enjoying the silence.

After a couple of minutes in silence, Lisa's phone rang. It was the agency.

"I wonder what they want, I mean, it's the first day of a new year haha."

"It's probably important then, pick up!" Chaeyoung urged with a smile.

"Okay, let's see what they have to say. Hello?" Lisa picked up the phone.

Chaeyoung listened and watched Lisa as she talked to someone from the other line. All she could hear was Lisa's side. Lisa firstly wished the person on the other line a happy New Year. Then she said that it wasn't a problem that they're calling this early, since she figured it must be important.

What followed was a series of very heavy and enthusiastic nods with her head and a huge grin on Lisa's face that wouldn't move an inch.

The conversation ended with:

"Thank you so so much! Oh no, really, I am so thankful! Send me the e-mail with all the information and call me with further instructions if needed! Thank you thank you so much! Okay, byeee!"

At the end, Lisa gripped Chaeyoung's hand firmly and nearly squealed from happiness. She had to be quiet so as not to wake the other people in the apartment up, but she was barely keeping it in.

"What happened, what happened? I want to know!" Chaeyoung was eager to find out the good news and was holding Lisa's hand firmly.

"I... AM GOING TO KOREA!" She whisper-yelled that last part and hugged Chaeyoung firmly.

"AAAAAA!!" Chaeyoung responded with a happy silent screech! "What, how? Tell me! Tell me!"

After they were done with their silent celebration, Lisa decided to explain:

"They haven't given me all the details, but basically - the photo shoot of the wedding I did was a huge success. The agency has raised their budget and they want to keep on doing that. They said they also wanted to do more international events so.... Oh my! I can't finish this sentence heh! They said... that they wanted to thank me for my hard work! So they.... huh!" Lisa let out an excited sound out of her mouth before continuing:

"So they are sending me to Seoul in March to do a photo shoot of one of Jennie's concerts! AAAAA!" Again, she whisper-yelled that last part and Chaeyoung joined her with cheering.

"Oh my! I can't believe it Lisa! I'm so proud of you! And so happy! Oh my, I really can't believe it, aaaaaa!"

"Thank you Chaeng! Ugh! All this hard work is paying off!"

"I know you'll probably be busy with the whole concert when you arrive-"

"Let me stop you right there, the agency mentioned they will be sending me earlier so that I can properly adjust there... So yes, if your schedule will allow it, we will see each other!" Lisa interrupted Chaeyoung and they were both happy at that moment, smiling and hugging each other.

"It's all happening Chaeng!"

"It really is, Lisa." The girls sat there in silence, enjoying each other's company.