Chapter 95 - A New Arrangement

"So let me see if I've got this right - seven out of the nine girls told you that they were ultimately unprepared for a September release so they reassigned themselves as trainees, and you still want to go with September as the month to debut this new group? Also... You would now want to be a part of that group? ... Why? And which song would you even perform? I mean... The one we had was specifically written to be performed by a nine-member group... I'm not saying doing all of this is impossible, I just need a good reason to approve it...." One of the executives spoke to Jennie.

In the meeting, the people who were present were all high-ranking executive producers and managers of the music company on one side and Jennie, Lisa, Chaeyoung and Jisoo on the other.

Everyone was pretty nervous on Blackpink's side of the room, but Jennie wished to continue the conversation:

"Look, we've talked, the four of us... Chaeyoung here has amazing vocals. She beat her competition without any problem... I mean, you told me you liked her and that she was one of the first people you contacted..." Jennie smiled as she looked at Chaeyoung. She then looked at Jisoo and continued:

"Jisoo here came on her personality and charm alone, but she wasn't some spoiled person who only wanted to pass a couple of auditions and then be an entitled member of a group - she worked very hard on her vocals and on her dancing and she has not given up on her dream to become a performer, despite a lot of obstacles... And with all that charm and that personality, she could host music events, TV shows, do commercials...." Jisoo blushed upon hearing those compliments. I really appreciate Jennie's words... She's a true professional... Lisa really knows how to pick out the right people in her life. Jisoo mused, still unaware of the relationship between Jennie and Lisa.

"And Lisa..." Jennie looked at Lisa and gave her a soft smile. Lisa smiled back. "It was actually the hardest to convince her even though she and I get along very well" You can say that again! Lisa mused after hearing those words.

"The reason why it was hard is because she is very humble, which is a much appreciated quality.... She also has a talent that really shines through her when she does it and that's her dancing! She's very self-conscience about it and she always works hard on it which is something you definitely need in a group, someone who will always work hard and try their best but who will stay grounded.... And in the end, I knew she would want to do it, she told me so herself afterwards but... How did I know? Because the four of us here believe in this... We actually believe that it's possible to meet that date in September... So you've got me, the experienced one, Jisoo, who will be great for various things I mentioned before, Chaeyoung with her vocals and Lisa with her dancing.... It really doesn't get better than that when it comes to rounding up a group with such various skills... Plus, when you think about it, how would it look like if a company like this one made an announcement about a band and then didn't follow through with it? I'm not saying all of the credibility would be lost, but a lot of it probably would be..."

That's when the entire room went silent and everyone started to think about Jennie's words.

Whoa... Jennie really knows what to say to make everyone think. Chaeyoung, Jisoo and Lisa thought to themselves. Lisa then also thought:

I knew she was smart and I knew she had a way with words when it comes to her professional life but oh wow... She still amazes me when she talks like that!

There was still a silence in the room. Finally, one of the executives spoke after the entire room nodded at each other approvingly:

"Okay, like we said... Which song would it be?"

A light was shining in the group's eyes once they realized the executives were on board for the idea. That's when Jennie added:

"Well... We discussed it. The best and fastest way to get everything done is to reuse one of my songs..."

"Reuse...? What? Why?"

"Well - it would be the fastest and easiest thing to do for starters... It would also give everyone in the group confidence because they would be familiar with the material and they would know how to perform it but we could always add new twists to it so that we could keep it fresh... We would just have to give the song a different arrangement... Plus, it would definitely sound different with four voices instead of one... And with time, we could work on old songs and new songs, and when the fan base grows enough, we could all get to work on our solo projects as well as our group project, so that we could really show off all of our skills individually and as a group... We thought this through, we know it could work... We just need backup from the company... And if you believe in us and give us the support, we will achieve all our goals!" Jennie spoke so confidently that everyone in the room was amazed by her. No one had any proper arguments against it.

"Okay, we're sold!" The executives agreed with the group. "Blackpink is starting from scratch, we have faith in the project! Jennie, you've never let us down so far and we believe that if you put your mind to something, it will work. You haven't given up on this group even when you lost more than half of it and for that we really have to commend you." This put a smile on Jennie's face. One of the managers asked:

"So... Which song were you thinking of doing first? You know that you will re-record it during July, you will have to make a new choreography for it and you all have to be able to perform it by the 23rd of September if we're going forward with this... We will of course do a huge amount of promoting to spread the word about you so that the hype builds up... But you will have to work hard... I mean, you will perform at a music event where a lot of huge bands will be playing on so we would really like to make Blackpink something that people will remember that night... And also after that night, for that matter... So, like I asked, which song were you thinking of doing first?"

The group just looked at each other with smiles on their faces.

Jennie then spoke: "We were thinking of-"