Chapter 25 - Acceptance

"Okay... So... What's the job?" Lisa asked.

"Well, I will be starting in January, actually, right after New Year. And, you won't believe this... The job's in Korea!" the both girls screamed as Chaeyoung said that last part.

"You're right, I really can't believe it, how did this happen?" Lisa was surprised and glad for her friend.

"Well, you know how last time we hung out I told you that I was casually sending out some CVs to see if anyone anywhere would like to employ me..."

"Yeah, I remember that."

"Well, I also mentioned that Seoul was one of the places I sent my CVs to. They replied, and yeah... I'll be starting my new job there after the New Year."

"Oh Chaeng! That's wonderful news! I really am happy for you, I'd hug you right now!"

"Thank you Lisa, I'm so excited!"

"Oh! We are going to have to celebrate soon! I can't believe this, ugh, so exciting!"

"Yes, I was thinking about that! Jisoo can come as well! I will be inviting a couple of people in general to celebrate. And it will be this weekend!"

"Okay, I will inform Jisoo and we will be present!"

"I mean... you two are... in a good enough state to come together, right? I'm sorry I didn't ask."

"No, actually, it is getting sort of better. It's not perfect, but we are working on it."

"Okay, because I don't want to pressure you or anything."

"Chaeng... It's fine."

"Okay... Oh Lisa! I can't wait to see you so that we can all celebrate!"

"Me too!"

"So what was your news?" Chaeyoung asked politely.

"Well, it's not as big as your news... But I got the job!" Both girls started to scream again from excitement.

"Oh Lisa, that's such great news! We can celebrate together now, oh I'm so happy for you!"

"Thanks Chaeyoung, this really means a lot to me. I'll tell you all the details this weekend when we all go out, get drunk, eat and celebrate."

"Can't wait for it to happen. I'll text you all the details once I know where I want to celebrate."

"Where? Why not your place?"

"Oh no, Lisa. This is a great thing and it needs to be celebrated properly."

"True, true... So what did you have in mind?"

"A fancy restaurant. Then karaoke with an open bar. And then dancing. And also, you know, in the morning, you and I can crawl to my place and sleep."

"Hahahaha sounds like a great plan, I love it. Text me all the details!" Lisa responded.

"Will do, Lis, talk to you later."

"Byeee!" They hang up and Lisa was now feeling happy.

Oh wow. She got a new job and she's excited for it. Oh... But wait... It just hit me. She'll be in Korea. Oh wow... We won't be seeing each other that often then.... I mean, we haven't discussed her schedule or anything, but I bet she won't be flying to Thailand so often. I guess I'll get all the details this weekend. Still, I'm so proud of her and happy for her.

Lisa then went to study a bit before she went to sleep.

The following days, she didn't see neither Chaeyoung nor Jisoo due to the fact that all three of them were busy with their jobs or, in Lisa's case, with her lectures and studying. Lisa did however inform Jisoo about Chaeyoung's celebration that weekend and Jisoo was more than happy to accept the invitation.