Chapter 77 - Chaeyoung's Excitement over Winning the Bet

Jennie met up with her manager and her crew soon after she got out of her apartment. They met at the airport where they were now waiting for Jennie's plane to arrive so that they could fly to Japan.

"Hey, there you are! Did you and your friend have a fun evening?" The manager asked cheerfully.

"Oh yeah!" Jennie wasn't flushed by the question. She knew she had to be professional about everything so her mind was already prepared to answer anything and everything without seeming awkward.

"Good to hear! I hope you had your sleep as well hehe!"

"Yeah... We got home later last night but we still got some sleep. She crashed at my place because it was too far to drive to her hotel." Technically, none of this is a lie. Jennie mused feeling satisfied because she was so confident with her answers.

"Oh, okay... Well, are you ready for your flight?" The manager switched the topic.

"Definitely! I can't wait for Japan!" I will miss Lisa though... Her presence last night was really special... It's too bad she can't tour with me... Maybe in the future... Hmmm... Jennie mused as she sat down at the gate waiting to board the plane.

I can't wait to see Japan again! Huh, this is going to be a hardworking tour, but I'm ready! Jennie felt pumped while thinking about everything that was in front of her. She didn't want to think about missing Lisa too much because she knew it wouldn't get her anywhere - she would just feel down and like she wasn't able to do anything about it. At least not until June or even possibly a later date.

Ugh... June can't come soon enough. She mused as she boarded her plane. Whoa... I really am falling for her fast now, aren't I? I'll text her when I land in Japan and when we set up at our hotel... Yeah...

Lisa on the other hand was holding two full bags of fresh, warm, cinnamon bagels as she was driving in the back of a cab to her hotel where she was going to meet up with Chaeyoung.

Hmm... I wonder how I can announce this to her... Should I go with "Heeey, there's my captain!" or should I go with "Here are your bagels, you freaking fortuneteller, you!"....? Hehehe, either way, I can't wait to see her face when she realizes she was right... Jennie Kim freaking likes me. As in, she like likes me... Ouch! Okay, I pinched myself, this is STILL not a dream! Lisa mused as her cab pulled up in front of the hotel.

She paid for the cab, and went to the entrance where she sat on a bench, waiting for Chaeyoung to come by.

Ohhh... Maybe I should hide these bagels? And not mention them at all... Maybe I should let her talk first, act like nothing special happened last night, ask her what was going on with her last night and then, when everything is said and done, I just pop out one of these and be all like "surprise Chaeyoung, Jennie likes me!".... I have so many ideas for this hahaha... Lisa was chuckling but she liked her idea. She put the bags with the bagels to the side and covered them with her jacket as she waited for Chaeyoung to appear.

Chaeyoung did appear soon and they both hugged each other tightly upon seeing each other.

"Soooo... Why did someone have to whisper before on the phone?" Chaeyoung immediately wanted to know the details as they sat on the bench.

"Hey... Uh, do you want us to go to my room? It's getting a bit windy and I wanna keep warm." Lisa suggested, trying not to spill the beans immediately.

"Oh, so we're playing it that way... Alright, fine, I can play that game... We can go upstairs, I'll wait for probably the biggest story of anyone's lifetime.... I'm cool like that." Chaeyoung smirked as she said that and they both got up, walking to the entrance of the hotel. Lisa only smiled. She was acting coy and avoiding a straightforward answer.