Chapter 5 - "...as if it's my last"

"Heeey! Welcome everyone back again to Radio Kiss FM, my name is Kim Yerim, you all know me as Yeri and you're listening to the best of the best" Yeri spat out in a rapid fire manner while blasting horn sound effects.

"Hahaha, I really love those sound effects." another voice was heard in the studio while giggling.

"Oh so do I, it never gets boring, let's play 'em again." replied Yeri in a cheerful manner.

"Hahahahaha, oh my... it gets me every time!"

"Yes, yes! Well, let's get back to it! For everyone who is just now tuning in, this is Kim Yerim Yeri, and I have the extremely talented Jennie Kim here with me!"

"Yay!" Jennie replied.

"Yay!" Yeri replied enthusiastically and soon continued: "So, Jennie, we discussed your previous work, your writing, your singing abilities, your rap skills, your dancing, your future releases and everything what's to come."

"Yes, yes we have!"

"But let's get back to the main topic, and that's the concert and the acoustic performance you're going to have tonight. Tell me something about it, how did this come to be and tell me what we can expect from your performance tonight?"

"Yes, okay! So even though it is a smaller event, it will be featured on my YouTube channel and it will be promoted heavily. This is my way of saying "thank you" to all of my fans. I wanted to give them a more intimate performance and I wanted to really feature everything I can do, but with a bigger focus on the vocals and the arrangements." Jennie said focused.

"Okay, great! And whose idea was this?"

"Well, it was something I wanted to do for a while now, but my schedule has been rather busy. So I talked to my management and they said not to worry and that I just have to focus on performing my songs. After a while they came up to me with more details, like where this will be, who's going to be involved and that's when we started to discuss all the relevant information."

"Okay, wow, that sounds like you have a lovely team working with you!"

"They really are." Jennie smiled.

"So, tonight, it will be you on that stage... acoustically. I've been following your Twitter and Instagram feeds so I know that someone is going to be with you on that stage, but for those who haven't seen the videos, could you tell us right now - who will be performing alongside you?"

"For now, I can tell you that Chanyeol of Exo will be performing with me. He will be playing the guitar and doing some of the back-up vocals. But that's all I'm going to say!"

"You mean, there could be more guests?"

"I'm not going to say anything!" Jennie laughed.

"Okay, awesome, looking forward to the surprises. How did the collaboration with Chanyeol happen? That sounds super exciting!"

"It started off as a friendship in all those events and award shows, you know, behind the scenes mingling between bands and artists... And uh, I don't know, I guess he started to talk to me, telling me that he really liked my songs, I told him that I was a huge Exo fan and there you have it. After that, we kept in touch, I told him about this event, he told me that he would like to perform alongside me if that wasn't an issue and here we are!"

"I mean, but with the whole busy schedule of many Korean artists, how did you both manage to find the time to rehearse?"

"Oh, it was not easy, that is why this whole event was planned in advance... Like, super in advance!" Jennie giggled. There was a quick pause and Yeri was then handed a piece of paper with something written on it.

"Oh hey, this just came in! Oh, look at that!... I don't know if you knew this Jennie, but out of the 100 tickets you've sold in like seconds online, there are some people who were not from Korea that are coming to your concert?"

"Really? I wasn't informed, how did you get that information?" Jennie asked in an excited manner.

"Oh no, don't worry, this literally just came in, it's from an online database that just came out. It says here that yes, most of them are from Korea, but some of them are from Japan, some are from China, and look at that! One of them is from Thailand!"

"Naw! No way! Someone is actually coming all the way from Thailand for my concert?"

"Yup, it's written on this paper right here! Would I make this fact up?" Yeri giggled.

"Oh, I don't know!" They both laughed. Jennie quickly continued:

"Oh wow... From Thailand. I've been to Bangkok when I was a little girl. I don't remember much, but I do remember that people there are super kind and really beautiful. Like everyone. Like, I don't know if that's a thing there, but there must be like a "beauty gene" flowing through that country."

"Oh wow, crushing on a whole country, I see!"

"Yeah, I mean hahaha... it is what it is, I guess!"

"I hope that Thai fan has fun."

"Oh I hope so too!" They both paused for a second, and then Yeri remembered to talk about the performance again.

"Well, I'm definitely glad that the collaboration between you and Chanyeol and all the other possible people is happening, at least for this concert. What can the fans expect from you tonight?"

"I am going to perform everything from my repertoire and also a couple of songs from other Korean and non-Korean artists. The only song I can confirm that will be on the setlist that is not mine is "Love Me Right" by Exo. We played that song and posted it on my Instagram feed, so yeah... I thought it would be great to perform it live as well!"

"So... you're going to give it all you've got, I see. Your energy in this room is incredible!"

"Thank you, and yes, I will perform the concert as if it's my last hahaha! I mean, not literally, but my fans know that I will give it my all."

"Yeah they do, also, nice pun there! Well, Jennie Kim, thank you so much for informing us about everything and anything we wanted to know!"

"Thank you for having me, see you tonight JennieKim-fighters!"

"And that was all the time we had, we will be right back after the commercial break, but before that, here's As if it's your last, enjoy!"

Yeri turned off their microphones and went over to talk some more.

"Thank you so much for coming on Radio Kiss, I really hope you had a good time here."

"I did, honestly, the interview was great and it was great talking to you... I'm sad now, because I have to get back to the club, we have to do one quick rehearsal and a mic check and everything."

"Oh, okay, I wish you a great performance tonight!"

"Thank you so much, hope to see you soon on this show again, bye!"

"Bye!"

Imagine, a Thai fan is coming to this concert tonight. I was going to give one hundred per cent of me to the whole thing, but come on! Someone flew in ALL THE WAY from Thailand to see this. It's 120% or nothing! I mean, it should be 120% every time... But come on, from Thailand! I'm so happy and I feel so thankful for having such dedicated fans. Jennie mused to herself.

Tonight will be awesome!