Chapter 31 - Chaeyoung's Departure

After their talk, Lisa and Chaeyoung went back inside the apartment and tried to find a place on the floor on which they could get some sleep because they didn't want to be rude and wake up anybody that was still there. They settled for a piece of space in Chaeyoung's living room where they brought themselves extra pillows and a blanket.

They smiled at each other before going to sleep. Lisa already closed her eyes when she noticed she forgot to turn off her phone because of the buzzing she felt. It was a text message.

A text message from Jennie.

She wanted to turn around and tell Chaeyoung but remembered that Chaeyoung really needed this sleep today before she sets out on her trip tomorrow so she kept it to herself for now.

Why would Jennie text me first? I didn't send her anything. I mean, I wanted to wish her a happy New Year, but, I haven't yet.

The message read:

Hey Lisa! Happy New Year! I hope you had a great evening last night :*

The message was again followed by a lot of heart and kiss emojis.

A.DO.RA.BLE! Lisa mused with a smile. How can she be this thoughtful and nice to someone she met once in person? I mean, she's got like a whole arsenal of people in Korea she had to wish a happy New Year, but she also remembered me? Come on! Unreal!

Lisa couldn't stop internally giggling as she read the message over and over again. She then wrote:

Thank you so so much! I wish you a happy New Year as well and I hope this will be a great one for you! :*

She then turned off her phone to get some sleep.

Jennie read Lisa's message instantly and thought to herself:

Well, it must have been a wild night for her since she's still awake now hehe. And she's so nice when she texts me, like always so sweet and kind. That girlfriend of hers sure is lucky!

Lisa later woke up to an empty apartment. Well, almost empty. Everyone was gone except for her and Chaeyoung. She quickly carried Chaeyoung to her bed so that Chaeyoung could get some comfortable sleep. Chaeyoung was so tired she didn't even notice Lisa carried her to her bed.

Lisa then sneaked out of her apartment in order to go and buy some things for Chaeyoung because she figured there was going to be a hangover for her when she wakes up. She noticed there was no aspirin in her medicine cabinet so she went to the pharmacy to get some. Later she went to the store to buy Chaeyoung some food as well, since the party last night emptied her fridge whole.

As soon as she got back to Chaeyoung's place, she saw Chaeyoung sit on the edge of her bed as if she had just woken up.

"My head..." Chaeyoung murmured.

"It's okay, babe, I got you!" Lisa rushed to give Chaeyoung some cold water, an aspirin and some food she put on the table beside Chaeyoung.

After Chaeyoung took all that in, she gave Lisa a faint smile.

"You know, I always took care of you, but Lisa... When you take care of someone else, you really go for it. Like... Putting me in the bed, buying all of this, bringing it to me."

"Chaeng! You're making me blush!"

"I'm serious! You are a great and caring person! You say that you couldn't be with Jennie because you're the fan, and she's a celebrity, but I'm telling you... Jennie couldn't be with you because you're so great!" Chaeyoung chuckled at the end.

"Heeey!" Lisa defended with a smile. "She's nice too, you know."

"Oh I bet she is... But she didn't bring me my hangover kit and put me to bed." They both smiled. Chaeyoung then continued:

"But since you're defending her now, I'm guessing that has something to do with something recent she did or wrote or said... right?"

"How did you...?" Lisa was stunned.

"I know you." Chaeyoung replied with a sly smile.

"Touche." Lisa smiled back and showed Chaeyoung the messages exchanged between her and Jennie.

"She's adorable! Like it's so sweet she texted you just to wish you a happy New Year..."

"Right?" Lisa was excited again.

"And you're adorable too for falling for her this fast." Chaeyoung teased.

"I... I'm just fangirling again!" Lisa defended herself.

"Okay... I'm just saying... It's good to see you happy." Chaeyoung hugged Lisa and Lisa hugged back as they sat on Chaeyoung's bed.

Lisa mused very briefly:

No, I can't be falling falling for Jennie. That's... That really wouldn't be good for anyone. Chaeyoung broke Lisa's trance by saying:

"Okay, Lisa. Could you help me...?"

"...Clean the apartment before you leave tomorrow? I bought extra rubber gloves, of course!"

"I... am so thankful, you wouldn't believe!" Chaeyoung was surprised and grateful at the same time.

"Let's get to it!"

The rest of the day was spent cleaning the apartment, dancing around to music, eating and helping Chaeyoung pack before her trip tomorrow. Nighttime came and the girls were just sitting on the cleaned floor of Chaeyoung's apartment, resting.

"What a day, huh?" Lisa commented.

"Yup... Thanks again for helping me out. You really saved me."

"Of course!" Lisa smiled reassuringly.

"Okay, let's now each take a shower and then go to sleep, I can't do anything else." Chaeyoung spoke tiredly.

"Because we're garbage?" Lisa grinned at her.

"Because we're garbage." Chaeyoung smiled back.

And like so, after taking a shower, the duo literally crashed tiredly on Chaeyoung's bed, as sleep caught onto them pretty fast.

The next day, Chaeyoung's family, along with Lisa, escorted her to the airport. It was a tearful moment for all of them as they hugged Chaeyoung before she boarded the plane. Lisa went last.

"This isn't goodbye. It's more of a "see-you-later" type of moment. I will come to Korea." Lisa smiled as she tried to fight back the tears.

"We have each other's schedules. We know when we can Skype. We'll Skype. And... And yeah, we'll see each other later!" Chaeyoung smiled as she also tried to fight back her tears.

They hugged each other before Chaeyoung had to leave. She waved to everyone and everyone waved back, Lisa barely keeping a smile on her face.

She's not gone. Nope. In fact, I will call her garbage over Skype as soon as possible. Yeah... Oh my! I will really miss her... Lisa stood there with Chaeyoung's family, heavily fighting herself not to cry.