Chapter 58 - "...Feel, heal and reveal!"

"So..." Jennie continued while giggling and Lisa joined in.

"So hahah... What's up?" Lisa then asked.

"Well... I kinda needed to talk... Oh... Ugh, I feel so stupid-"

"No, no, no!" Lisa spoke in a rapid-fire manner. "No, what is it?" She was concerned.

"No, no.... You probably have better things to do, I'm sorry." Jennie sincerely apologized.

"Jennie." Lisa was trying to talk normally in spite of the wine hitting her a bit. "We just freaking discussed Sherlock's cocaine habit. Please, continue hehe." They both chuckled at that part.

"Oh... Okay, thanks!" Jennie cheered up a bit.

"You're welcome hehe."

"So.... There's this guy..."

Here we go... I knew it. I knew she was seeing someone. Maybe she didn't lie at the radio show, maybe this is something recent. All these thoughts rushed through Lisa's head as Jennie continued:

"But, don't worry, I'm not seeing him..." Jennie added.

"Why would I worry?" Lisa was confused. No, seriously, why would I... Is she implying something? Nah, just my wishful thinking again.

Jennie panicked - Why would she worry? Oh no... She's going to think... And I don't want to mislead her since I don't know where my feelings lie yet... Yeah, better get out of this situation quick.

"Oh, it's just the whiskey talking hahaha, what I meant to say is.. uh... what was I talking about again?" Jennie played dumb for a bit and they both chuckled at that. Lisa then saved her from further embarrassment and said:

"You were saying that you were not seeing him hehe." But there is someone and they are involved somehow... Okay, this should be interesting.

"Okay... I'm kinda seeing him. I mean, we hooked up a couple of times... We've.... been intimate. But there was no... emotional connection...yet. Kind of. I don't know. I mean... I kind of like him, I'm just not sure what kind of liking I'm experiencing just yet."

"Okay." Lisa followed Jennie's story so far but she felt a little bit sick after hearing those words. I mean, Jennie is not my property. She does not belong to me. She can do whatever she wants. But this is hurting me right now. And yes, that's none of her business right now, and I have to help her. Focus, Lisa!

"We haven't established any rules just yet. Meaning, we haven't said: "this is a monogamous relationship, we're only seeing each other.". But we have hung out.... Not like a lot, but enough. And especially with our schedules... He's also in the music industry... Yeah, we have hung out a lot for two people in the music industry, now that I think about it." Jennie corrected herself in the end. She then continued while sipping on her drink:

"And you know, I'm not expecting him to be faithful, but I was kinda hurt when I found out he was also seeing other people... You know? Not like hurt hurt... But you know... Surprised and underwhelmed. I'm not trying to be mean, but the whole situation was just weird... Again, we haven't established any rules and I'm aware it shouldn't matter..."

"I'm following you so far." Lisa stated, wanting to know more about the story.

"But, even with that, putting all of that aside, we've discussed this, and he said he liked me. He also said that if I was ready, he would want to take the next step. So... How does one person go from basically saying "I'll wait for you" to kissing a waitress in front of his apartment? Ugh... I know I shouldn't get mad but.... It felt so confusing, to say the least." Jennie grumbled at the end while they both took another sip of their drinks, nearly emptying their glasses.