Chapter 82 - Relationships

"It's crazy!"

"It's not crazy, it happens!"

"But it's so cliche and it's extremely corny!"

"Agreed... But it happens! This is the music industry - people who work within it get close! Why do they get close? Because they don't get to interact with the "outside world" that much. They only get to interact with each other most of the time... So it's really no surprise that people within the music industry fall for each other... They fall for the ones that are close to them, the ones who they see all the time... There's a massive amount of musicians around the world and throughout history in general who fell for their bandmates or for people from other bands... People just fall for other, similar people in similar conditions and that's really not that uncommon and unusual when you think about it." Jennie was talking to Nayeon over the phone.

She was trying to tell her that there was actually nothing unusual if people in a band fall for each other and that it happens all the time - regardless of the age difference, where they're from, what they did before and so on.

"I mean, yeah... But come on! There's nine of us! We can't all be in a relationship with each other!" Nayeon pointed out.

"First of all - why not? Second of all - really? There's more possible couples in Twice than just "Mi-nayeon"?"

"Did you just...?"

"Yup."

"Well, I won't lie, the name does sound cute." Nayeon giggled. She then added: "And yes... My opinion is that there might be other... possible couples in the group... I can't obviously confirm that, I don't want to be "that person" who just goes around, sees someone accidentally touch each other's hands and go like "HAH! WHIPPED!", but... I can have my suspicions if I see certain interactions, right?" She then asked Jennie.

"I agree, it's normal and human to have suspicions if you see something happen more than once and you can't explain it any other way, so yeah..." Jennie then added: "And about the whole "there's nine of you in the group".... Yeah, that's kind of my point! There's nine of you... which means you all interact with each other and bounce ideas, feelings and conversations off of each other... And that means that some people get closer than others... And then they get distant... And then close again... It's perfectly normal when you live together and hang out together... So today, maybe you're close with "Mi-", in a year you might be closer to, I don't know, Sana... But it's perfectly normal that that amount of people and energy between all of you causes that many emotions, feelings, thoughts and so on..."

"Jennie... You..."

"I'm smart, I know." Jennie beamed proudly upon saying that.

"Well, you sure know what to say... sometimes" Nayeon chuckled and Jennie joined in. Nayeon continued:

"I guess, yeah... It makes sense... I was close with Jeongyeon... But the feelings I had for her never developed like they developed for..."

"Mina? Can we just say Mina now?" Jennie asked smiling.

"Yes, we can!" Nayeon finally caved in with a smile.

"Yes! "Minayeon" is on!" Jennie victoriously answered.

"Oh you!... I don't know if it's "on" yet... We definitely need to discuss it... I do want to have enough courage to say it and I do want to be emotionally strong if things don't go well."

"That is reasonable enough, thinking about your emotional health, I approve." Jennie pointed out. She then asked:

"Hey... Before, when you mentioned other possible couples in your group.... Did you have anyone in mind?"