Chapter 20 - "We're like a happy family."

Lisa arrived at Jisoo's place. As she entered the apartment, Jisoo's dog started to playfully jump around Lisa.

"Doggy! Doggy, doggy, doggy!" Lisa happily greeted the dog and started to play with it. Jisoo followed the dog as she greeted Lisa with a soft peck on the lips.

"Hey babe!" Lisa happily greeted her.

"Hey Lis, I was just going to take him out for a walk, care to join?"

"Of course!" Lisa was eager to hang out with the two of them.

"Great! Then we can go to the bar nearby. My colleagues from work are going to come too." Jisoo said nonchalantly.

"Oh!" Lisa was surprised. "I thought I could take you out tonight. Nothing fancy. Just you know... There's this winter-themed wonderland that's going to open tonight in the center of the city, and we could go, eat hot dogs..."

"Yeah... Maybe another time. I don't feel like it tonight. It's far away, and then I would have to change my clothes... And I really don't want to get out of these sweatpants tonight."

Lisa just now noticed the difference in their styles - while she looked casually dressed, but fancy enough for a night out, Jisoo looked like she was going to run a mile around her neighborhood and then drink a beer while sitting on a park bench. Not that she's not beautiful, even looking like this. I just thought when she said that we would go for a drink, that we would go out out. Okay, nevermind, we hadn't actually discussed it, so yeah... no one's to blame.

"Oh okay..." Lisa then responded softly.

"What?" Jisoo looked at her annoyed.

"I didn't say anything."

"I know the tone in that "okay". What's wrong now?"

"Nothing's wrong." Lisa was trying to defend herself.

"No... You said "okay" like you were sad."

"I... I am a bit... But it's okay, really. We didn't discuss the exact plans for tonight."

"Yeah... WE didn't. So I took charge of everything... AGAIN. I arranged for us to see my colleagues and to hang out at the nearby bar, because WE didn't have a plan." Jisoo was fuming.

"Yeah... You're right... I just thought that since last night we didn't hang out much... And before that we haven't seen each other in days... That you would like a night alone with me. Indoors or outdoors. But alone. And maybe, if we went outdoors, we could have went out somewhere romantic." Lisa spoke very softly, not to agitate Jisoo anymore.

"Yeah well... You should have told me you had something in mind." Jisoo snapped back.

"I wanted to surprise you." Lisa's voice started to crack.

"Aish Lisa... Are you gonna cry now?"

"No..." Lisa whimpered, her face forming a crying expression. Lisa held her face in her hands. She really didn't want to cry, but she couldn't stop shaking and sobbing. She started to cry and wheeze.

Jisoo stood there. At first she looked angry, but as soon as Lisa started to hold her face in her hands, Jisoo's expression changed. Her face went soft.

"Oh... I'm... No... I... Please don't cry Lisa." Jisoo went to comfort Lisa, holding her in her arms. Lisa rested her face in her hands on Jisoo's shoulder and continued to cry.

"No, no, Lisa... Please... Please don't cry." Jisoo started to feel her eyes water as well.

"Why...?" Lisa barely let that word out.