Chapter 94 - Unexpected Changes

May and June went by pretty fast - mostly due to the fact that Jennie and Lisa always kept busy. They did that because they knew that if they had too much time off, they would immediately feel sad because they would miss each other too much. Lisa was focused on her dancing, photography and her Master's thesis while Jennie was focused on her music career and particularly on her group.

Luckily, they would always find time to text each other, call each other and videocall each other as much as possible. Lisa's Master's thesis was being written according to plan and Jennie really focused more on the group, just like she mentioned to Lisa.

"Girls, I know it's only June, and I know you've only known each other for like two months, but I'm really proud of your work so far... There was a reason why you were chosen to be in this group - you had the talent! And you have been really working non-stop to function as a proper team. I am proud of you... So, this is my suggestion: I talked to the executives, they want to give you a debut - a proper song, choreography and everything aaaaand... If you are up for it, we could make the debut as early as September! But, I wanted to check out with you guys if that is something you would feel comfortable with before I confirm anything... If you don't think you're ready, it is not a problem, just... Be honest!" Jennie finished her little speech and looked at the group.

"Oh wow! That would be amazing! Imagine - debuting so early aaaaa!" The girls were positively freaking out upon hearing the news and everyone was excited. The group then unanimously decided:

"We're in, we want to do it!"

"That is what I wanted to hear - unity and positivity! Okay, well, then today I will be telling them the news and you will be notified about everything pretty soon... As far as the song goes, I want you to cooperate with each other and work on it so that it feels like a group project and something you all accomplished together."

The group agreed, wanting to start as early as possible. They were excited that they were given such a great opportunity so early on in their careers and Jennie was happy for them.

Meanwhile, Lisa's Master's thesis was written exactly as planned - she was proud of the work she had done and so was her professor, which finally allowed Lisa to finish her college - she was ready to move on to the next stage of her life - Seoul.

She was sad she left her family in Thailand but she knew they supported her. She was also sad she left the dance center where she managed to get to the advanced classes, but she knew she could find something similar in Seoul as well. Finally, she was also sad for leaving the photography agency who helped her to get where she is now, but she knew that an opportunity to work as Jennie's personal photographer wasn't something she wanted to miss out on - especially since Jennie was her girlfriend.

Lisa temporarily moved in with Jennie so that she could have more time in finding a place on her own - the duo decided that it would be best not to rush things any further as they didn't want to move in together officially so soon.

The only people who knew at the moment about their relationship were their families, who were very happy finding out that Jennie and Lisa were together. The only two people outside their families who knew were Chaeyoung and Nayeon. Nayeon, just like Jennie mentioned before, reacted the same way as Chaeyoung did upon finding out - she was on the floor, laughing. She was also very happy for them.

Lisa's work now consisted of taking photographs for Jennie and of Jennie, a task which she found really relaxing. A lot of her work ended up on Jennie's social media, along with the company's social media, which allowed Lisa to gain even more exposure as a photographer.

She would go with Jennie to visit the group when they did rehearsals. In between breaks she would dance Jennie's choreographies just to keep herself entertained from time to time. Everyone who saw her do that would immediately compliment her and ask why she hasn't gone into the music industry herself. Lisa would just smile at those words but she didn't think of it too much.