p r o l o g u e

" 책에 적힌 글자들이 현실이 "
words written only in books are becoming reality

" 책에 적힌 글자들이 현실이 돼 "words written only in books are becoming reality

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

"and the prince along with his witty friends lived happily ever after. the end," haneul's mother closed the book. the five year old shot up from her bed, blinking.

"wait, that's it?" she scrunched up her face in confusion. "what about the princess? he's not married to anyone?"

"not all stories have to end with the prince finding his true love," her mother thought for a bit. "but maybe someday you can change his fate," she winked and kissed her daughter's nose, making the small girl giggle in response.

"well then, goodnight, sweetie," the woman gave one last kiss to her forehead before turning off the lights, haneul already asleep underneath blankets and between pillows.

when her mother walked out and closed the door, her eyes fluttered back open. she crawled out of bed and opened the window, staring out into the night sky glittered with millions of stars. she smiled brightly at the sight, wishing in a hushed voice so only the the girl and the sky could hear her wish.

"i wish for a really really handsome prince lee minhyung to love me when i grow up one day,"

years ago, the classic fairytale of prince lee minhyung was gonna be haneul's favourite storybook forever. but people grow up, which meant people can surely change.

reaching into her teenage years, the old storybook was kept far away underneath her bed, probably dusty, and of course, forgotten.

but it was bound to spring back into her ordinary life.

any moment now.

the fateful day happened to be on her eighteenth birthday.

kim haneul received the biggest surprise of her life. an unexpected visitor.

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

🌱 thanks for reading 🌱