viii

" 함께 꿈을 꾸는 도시와 "
we dream together with this city

" 함께 꿈을 꾸는 이 도시와 "we dream together with this city

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

"haneul-ah, uh, are you sure, he's.. well, you know, sane?"

right after school ended, a group made of haneul, jaemin, renjun, donghyuck and minhyung hung out in the busy streets of the town, planning on buying the young prince's school supplies just like haneul decided earlier. they even bought clothes for him to wear so he wouldn't have complications finding them or borrowing someone else's.

haneul lied gracefully when they were confused over minhyung's 'no school stuff on the first day' by explaining that he was her friend and he just moved in korea from somewhere in canada in such a huge rush due to some complications he had in his family and his busy parents.

and of course, only donghyuck knew of the lie and kept quiet, a secret between the ginger and the girl. though he did try to stifle a loud cackle.

back to present time.

they spent a good hour and a half to get everything minhyung needed for school throughout the semester (he was lucky haneul's wallet was still filled) and right after then, they all decided to get rid of the beads of sweat forming on their foreheads and the hot weather of korea surrounding them by getting ice cream, another brand new discovery for the raven-haired prince.

haneul and renjun were waiting in line at the ice cream stall while the rest were not far away at a bench under a tree, each a different flavoured ice cream in their hands. a sudden question from renjun sparked a conversation.

"pfft, of course he is, what makes you think that he's not- oh.." haneul gestured to the young prince confidently, but it died down when she finally understood what renjun meant.

lee minhyung, who was having the time of his life, was sitting on a bench and eating a chocolate-flavoured ice cream, and he would've looked normal if..

there wasn't a flock of birds landing on almost every part of his body. on his shoulders, his head, his lap, everywhere.

because only in fairytales, you see birds and butterflies and squirrels or whatever surrounding princesses or princes like they were meant to be buddies for life.

jaemin was clearly fascinated, mouth agape and eyes forming twinkles in them. he was one to enjoy those kind of stuff, unlike donghyuck, who cringed hard.

"he's just.. he's good with mother nature. that was his trait ever since he was a kid," haneul responded quickly.

"you guys were close since childhood?"

"eh, yeah, no, kinda," she shrugged, soon making her way towards the rest with the chinese brunette when they had gotten their ice cream.

the birds had already ascended up to the sky thanks to donghyuck's attempted chewbacca whines.

"hey! that was a discourteous act!"

"before you start to sing like a disney princess- in which you are- i chose to send them away to the heavens,"

"yo, i got a message from jeno," jaemin spoke up, eyes glued to the screen of his phone. "he wants to tag along too- oh, with chenle. said they wanna be friends. dude, you're so lucky thanks to your own looks, you're all over twitter and insta!" he let out a laugh. "okay, but seriously now, i told the duo where we at so they'll be here in a flash,"

minhyung was confused since a minute ago, processing jaemin's words. twitter? insta? social medias were something he never heard of before in his life after all.

donghyuck, being the nice sunshine, explained. "he meant that girls are head over heels for you because of your stunning visuals which are invisible to me. they think you're handsome and probably took pictures of you from afar,"

minhyung tried hard to decipher the elaboration, nodding slowly.

"you know what, nevermind-"

a sudden voice from afar greeted the five youths, catching their attention.

a young boy of chinese descent was seen jogging his way towards them, one more behind him that followed suit.

from the corner of minhyung's eye, he noticed the rosy pink tint painted on haneul's cheeks as her gaze settled on a certain boy with a breathtaking eye-smile to die for.

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

🌱 thanks for reading 🌱