e p i l o g u e

" 함께해 모든 고맙다는 뜻이야 "
it means i'm thankful for everyday you were with me

" 함께해 준 모든 날 고맙다는 뜻이야 "it means i'm thankful for everyday you were with me

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

"mark, is this really a great idea?"

"yeah, it's the only way for jisung and i to stay here permanently," mark assured. "there's no place i'd rather be than to stay by your side anyway,"

"you won't miss them? your stories?"

"i can make more stories and adventures with you and the rest," the boy smiled, kissing haneul's cheek, slipping a hand into her's.

"alright, you said it," haneul released the book and it fell into the recycle bin. "i feel.. really bad,"

"but we're recycling. not burning it? we're being eco-friendly," mark tilted his head.

"that's not what i mean,.. but okay. let's head back inside,"

the two entered the apartment building, going straight to doyoung's place where a christmas gathering party was being held.

"so you just press on the keyboard to form phrases and hit the button to send messages to someone. oh— and also, you can upload pictures and do this and that, this and that, so let's take a selfie!!" chenle taught the youngest, jisung, how to use a phone on the couch, the two in their own world.

"wow, this is a really interesting use of magic," jisung held the device, amazed by it.

"yeah, it's yours,"

"oh,.. wait what?" jisung stared at the other.

"it's yours. it's a christmas gift!" chenle grinned brightly. "you can have it!"

"thanks," jisung smiled, less awkward than before. he adapted really fast, chenle taught him everything he needed to know. besides, he was starting school after new year, under the same year as the chinese boy.

"lele, am i not getting a really cool present from you?" jaemin pouted, crossing his arms.

"oh, yeah! wait," chenle dug in his bag and handed the elder a box.

"hope you like it, hyung!"

"... a frida kahlo barbie doll?"

"from the inspiring women series!" chenle added.

"remind me why we're all celebrating christmas at my place?" doyoung sighed and drank his hot chocolate. a smiling jaehyun stood beside him, enjoying the christmas atmosphere.

"your place is really nice," the handsome young man complimented.

"yeah and in no less than fifteen minutes, those kids are gonna set the building on fire,"

"mark, haneul-ah! renjun and i baked cookies!" yeri skipped over to the two, offering a tray of chocolate cookies with a cheery smile. "would you like some?"

the couple each grab a cookie and took a bite, humming at the taste. "this is really good! maybe i should learn from you guys one day!" mark commented.

"thanks, i did a huge part of it though. i don't know why renjun kept staring at me—"

"i didn't!!" the flushed chinese boy quickly denied. "what are you saying? my last dying braincell was just contemplating whether you should've put chips or sanding sugar so that's why i—"

"sure, we believe in you," haneul waved him off.

"you should teach me how to bake these though," mark nodded. "are watermelon-flavoured cookies a thing?"

donghyuck and jeno were having fun too, now playing christmas songs through speakers and borrowing doyoung's vroom vroom mic to sing along loudly. "joY! JOY TO THE WORLD!"

"wait, so christmas is today right? not november 25?" jaemin asked again.

"i can't believe this is coming from a top 3 golden star student of our school," chenle dissed.

overall, mark's smile never left his face throughout the night. he was happy to gather with all his friends and party like this.

jisung was happy with his new friend too. and everyone was just having the time of their lives, he wished time would freeze so he could enjoy being happy like this.

"mark, you might have to look up!" rocky pointed above him, and everyone else started screaming and cheering and whistling.

mark raised a brow, looking up to see a mistletoe above him and haneul.

you and me

like a candle light that won't go out

the wish for you and me to be forever

feels like it'll come true

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

the end
🌱🌱🌱 thanks for sticking around! saRANGHAE 🌱🌱🌱