xiv

" 심장도 똑같이 뛰는걸 느껴 "
i feel our hearts beating the same pace

" 심장도 똑같이 뛰는걸 느껴 "i feel our hearts beating the same pace

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

haneul almost spat out her hot chocolate.

"you got into the entertainment club?"

"yes,"

"like, the entertainment club?"

minhyung nodded, confused. haneul breathed out a 'wow', almost in disbelief. for someone who was a member of a royal family— heck, someone who came out of a book— and joining a club for idol-like kids who sing and dance to modern pop, that definitely did not suit lee minhyung.

at all.

"are you sure, uh, well, i mean, you still have the weekend to think it over and— you know,"

"it's not a regrettable decision, really, i saw how one of them rap and it sounds like an amazing talent, so i'm—"

this time, haneul really spat out her hot chocolate. she placed the mug on the nightstand and laughed uncontrollably on the bed, already wiping away a tear or two. "r-rap? you want to rap?"

"are you looking down on me?" minhyung settled with a pout, finding the other's reaction somewhat dismaying.

"no— i mean, kinda. you, out of all people, would want to rap. the idea of it is just—" her laughter soon died down, patting the boy's shoulder instead. "i mean, i'm not stopping you, that sounds great, minhyung!" haneul offered a bright smile.

the prince wasn't sure if his face was red over the simple gesture at the moment, but he smiled back nonetheless.

"okay, well, i'm off to bed. it's almost eleven," haneul finished her hot chocolate before heading to the bathroom to brush her teeth. "haha, minhyung, a rapper," he heard her snicker.

"don't underestimate me!"

"didn't say anything!"

minhyung rolled his eyes and plopped on the makeshift bed instead. he'll just have to prove it to her then.

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

"entertainment club? to rap? wow, that's amazing!"

if anyone was an angel on earth, that would be jaemin. at least he didn't laugh over minhyung's future rapping skills.

"thanks, supportive friend!" minhyung grinned. they were in jaemin's room, the prince was dragged into spending the day and night over after school at jaemin's anyway. and his parents were really kind, they were basically a family full of angels. smiley, kind, endearing angels.

the two teens were lying on their stomachs, chemistry books flipped open in front of them while the brown-haired was doing the teaching. it wasn't long until the subject was finally driving minhyung nuts though, so they decided to take a short break after an hour of studying chemical bonds, whatever that is.

the duo rolled over on their backs, settling into a nice conversation about life instead.

"oh, have you heard jeno and chenle's basketball tournament coming up this friday night though? jeno told me to ask you and the others. you should totally come! i think we're all planning to support the two, gee, especially haneul, since she's so head over heels for jeno—"

"haneul likes jeno?"

"yeah, i mean it's sorta obvious, she always has heart eyes whenever she sees the latter and all, don't you think so? minhyung? hellooooo—"

the prince was unaware he was silently staring at the ceiling, ignoring jaemin's ramble until he was nudged at on the shoulder.

"ohhh, don't tell me.." the brown-haired smirked. "you have a crush on haneul?"

"what?"

"you like her?"

"pfft, no!" minhyung sat up abruptly. "me? like her? never!"

"you suck at lying, lee minhyung,"

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

🌱 thanks for reading 🌱