xix

" 리듬 따라 you and me. 걱정은 날려 멀리"
follow the rhythm, you and me. throw your worries far away

 throw your worries far away

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

"what's this?"

the prince had promised jaemin to come over for saturday, the reason being was obviously to study, but they decided they were not in the mood, mainly the pink-haired had a surprise for the other.

"an mp3, it's for you! it even comes along with earphones," jaemin beamed, eyes shining like the stars. "hurry, try it on!" the pink-haired plugged the earphones in said mp3, switching the device on. he handed the black earphones to the other, who was still trying to comprehend what in the name of god is an mp3 while jaemin motioned for him to wear it on.

"i downloaded a few songs in here, mostly exo, shinee, red velvet, and super junior, even english songs if you prefer them, you should check them out," the prince watched him click a few buttons here and there, before he heard songs blasting through the earphones.

"i even picked songs with amazing rap lines, since i thought it would help you with your new hobby, minhy— oh, oh,.."

"i mean mark," jaemin grinned.

it took both mark and doyoung hours to come up with a good name. and finally, they settled with 'mark', since it suited him perfectly. the name had spread to rocky and his friends quickly, and it somehow turned out to be some kind of sensational news throughout school, with most kids quickly getting used to call him mark instead of minhyung anymore, and almost everyone became more and more interested in the newborn rapper, acknowledging his passion and hard work in his skills. although he was a beginner, he was a fast learner, which of course, was a focal attraction as well.

minhyung— well, mark now, was bopping his head to the beats of each song, obviously preferring these kinds of music rather than the ol' traditional rhythms he grew up with. modern music was such a bop.

"this is great, jae! seriously, thanks, you're the best," mark had on a bright smile, enjoying his new gift.

they spent a while, talking about today's trends and music hits, until the pink-haired changed the subject suddenly. "hey.. have you talked to jeno recently?"

"why?" mark paused the music from his mp3, noticing the other's tone which had turned slightly serious. he still spent his time with jaemin, renjun, hyuck, chenle and jeno, but he mostly hung out with rocky and his bunch of friends, since he wanted to practice his rap more with them, and maybe singing too, but he still deemed jaemin and the others as his close friends. though these days, even though he spent lunch with the five boys in school, he rarely interacted with jeno, maybe a few lines exchanged between each other here and there, but he never managed to converse properly with the brown-haired teen.

"well, i came up to him the other day, and he seemed a bit off, so i got worried," jaemin shrugged, concern evident even in his eyes. "i asked him what's wrong, but he wouldn't tell me. renjun told me the same thing. i don't know.. he seems to be hiding something from us,"

mark leaned back, blinking. he had a rough idea why, but he didn't want to assume anything. "i'll try and have a talk with him, don't worry too much," he offered a smile. "maybe he's just a bit stressed out,"

"thanks, mark!" jaemin's smile came back to life and he leaned in towards the other for a hug. one thing about jaemin was that he's really clingy (in a good way, but mark finds it a bit uncomfortable sometimes, but he's na jaemin so it's gucci) and he loves his friends way too much.

for now, curiosity got the best of him because he wanted to know what's up with lee jeno.

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

🌱 thanks for reading 🌱
p/s : y'all it's time to call him mark ✊🏻👀