xxv

" 너와 나 모든 걸 넘어가 맞닿은 이 순간 "
this moment when you and i have crossed paths

" 너와 나 모든 걸 넘어가 맞닿은 이 순간 "this moment when you and i have crossed paths

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

a few months had gradually passed, and mark had finally adapted into his new life. the life he had before, as a prince, was long forgotten, being replaced by people like haneul and her friends, and also rocky and his group. he wouldn't trade them all for anything else. sure, he missed his parents and friends back in the kingdom, but he there was nothing he could do to go back to that life. all he had to do is wait for what more surprises the future have in mind

back to present time, a sweet scent of roses currently filled the air, bringing the prince into some sort of slight comfort when he opened his locker. there was a letter inside, so he picked it up to fold it open and read the handwritten message.

_______________________________________

minhyung-ah,
i admire how hardworking you are
i hope you're doing well these days
<3 fighting~! <3

_______________________________________

"mark!!"

the boy jumped in surprise, almost dropping the paper. he turned around to face donghyuck, eyes peering down to the pink piece of paper to read the words inside. "hyuck, don't—!"

"is that.. a love letter?" the brown-haired boy had already snatched the paper from his hands, re-reading the letter a few times while the other struggled to reach for it back. "well, honestly i'm not surprised. almost every girl in this school's head over heels for you,"

"but— but this is the first love letter i've ever received! most girls would straight up confess to me face-to-face,"

"because of your looks, duh," hyuck rolled his eyes.

"you're just jealous because girls don't flock around you for your autograph,"

"oh! finally picking up that low quality sass, huh? well, i'll let you kn—"

"why are you all fighting? what's going on?" chenle showed up behind the two, curiosity sparkling in his eyes. "what's that in your hand, hyung?"

"a love letter,"

"a what?!"

"shhh, shut up! not too loud!"

"i don't get it. why are you being secretive about it?" hyuck raised a brow at mark.

"i don't know.. do you think it might be haneul?"

"haneul?!" chenle shrieked again, resulting in mark kicking his knee. "ow!!"

"learn not to scream every word out, chenle!"

"jeez, sorry!"

"haneul?" hyuck snorted. "she.. she would never drop love letters that smell like roses in someone else's locker. and besides, she just got over jeno, right? she wouldn't move on to someone else so quickly,"

"oh.. yeah, right.." mark trailed off. of course it wasn't her, he felt stupid.

"but you were hoping the anonymous girl to be her," donghyuck grinned, and his two friends began to tease him about his obvious crush.

"fine, fine, so what if i like her? it's clear that she doesn't like me back," mark defended himself. "she's going to reject me if i even try to tell her my feelings,"

"well, it doesn't hurt to try," chenle shrugged, emphasising on the same word. "but i think this is your main problem right now," he added, pointing at the pink-coloured letter.

"yeah, chenle's right," donghyuck agreed. "you gotta find out who's behind this letter. i mean it sounds fun already, searching for your secret admirer. no one gets this unless you're in a kdrama or a movie or whatever,"

"i guess you're right. but how am i supposed to find her?"

"relax, she's probably gonna reveal herself sooner or later,"

"guys!" the three boys turned their head over to the source of the sound, spotting haneul at the end of the hallway. mark quickly shoved the paper in his pocket. "there you are! c'mon, lunch break started like, ten minutes ago! the others are waiting at the cafeteria!"

"oh, sorry! be there in a bit,"

the boys rushed over to grab their lunch, not noticing a pair of eyes watching them from afar, specifically having their eyes on mark.

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

🌱 thanks for reading 🌱
p/s; i decided to change the story's concept a bit, so now there's a song lyric (from nct songs/stations/osts) and a gif for every chapter. hope you enjoy! :v