x

" 한 번인 삶이 더 빛나도록 "
only one life to live, so make it shine more

" 한 번인 삶이 더 빛나도록 "only one life to live, so make it shine more

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

"are you sure you can head to class by yourself?" haneul asked once again, first period starting in less than ten minutes. she brought out a book or two from her locker and accompanied minhyung to his own to organise his books and everything else before they were ready to head off to class.

"of course, donghyuck is going be there too if i'm not mistaken,"

"alright then. so, i'll see you later during lunch-"

"haneul-ah!"

the duo turned around to face jeno, making his way towards them wearing his usual killing smile.

"good morning, jeno," minhyung greeted.

"yeah, morning," jeno waved. "class is almost starting though, we should start heading there. haneul, we have chemistry together-"

oh yeah, we totally do, the girl's mind spoke. she shook off the thought quickly.

"-you wanna go together?"

"yeah, that sounds great!" haneul grinned brightly, beginning to walk side by side with jeno to the second floor, not before turning to minhyung. "have fun in physics! see ya!"

minhyung watched them from afar until the two figures disappeared, some kind of indescribable feeling developing inside. he shook his head, starting to make steps towards physics class instead.

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

"he almost got in what?"

"detention,"

"i didn't know what he was talking about!" minhyung defended himself. they were in the cafeteria for lunch, conquering the table along with renjun, chenle, jeno and jaemin.

"what did he ask you?" renjun broke into the conversation, half his sandwich in his mouth. donghyuck answered on behalf of the prince.

"newton's third law. but i covered up and told him korean isn't his mother tongue. and he's from canada,"

haneul sighed in relief. "thanks, hyuck. you really have a lot to learn though," she turned to minhyung, who was busy sulking over his embarrassing moment.

"my biggest apologies for not being subjected into these kind of modern knowledge," in a sarcastic tone, minhyung gave an irritated response. he felt highly inferior, stupid even. throughout the days back in his childhood, he thought the servants had taught him everything he should know. war strategies, human rights, world history and culture, and even all the myths of celestial objects in the sky. but it turns out he still had a lot to learn, especially in this world. which suck.

"lol same,"

"i can highly relate,"

"fire, fire, pants on liar,"

"hyuck, it's supposed to be liar, liar, pants on fire-"

"here is korea, man, don't forgot o k a y?"

"minhyung-ah!" jaemin stopped the dissing war which was close to commence. "i can help you as a mentor if you'd like," he offered kindly with a broad smile.

"oh yeah, says the golden star student in this hellhole," chenle clapped.

"i'm not that smart though-"

"we get it, na jaemin, who scores a perfect hundred out of hundred in maths,"

"and biology,"

"and chemistry,"

"and physics,"

"and everything else,"

"you're all exaggerating, seriously,"

"but you did score a hundred in maths though,"

"and at least above ninety for everything else,"

the bell made a loud noise probably near close to chenle's usual high-pitched laugh (joke intended), signalling that lunch was over. they all cleared up the table and minhyung tapped jaemin's shoulder.

"i'll accept your humble offer. i really need someone to teach me all these new discoveries,"

jaemin's smile widen and he initiated a fist bump, which was now accepted by the raven-haired in a less awkward manner unlike the first time they did it. "sweet! we'll decide when's the right time to start after school then. let's head to class now, sociology with renjun and haneul,"

they all parted ways for the next period, minhyung, haneul, jaemin and renjun with sociology, donghyuck and jeno to literature and chenle, a year younger than them, heading off for biology in the other block.

while haneul was walking with the other three, a smile made its way to her lips. watching minhyung having so much fun talking with jaemin and renjun made her go uwu. she was sorta happy having the raven-haired getting along with her friends, people who- despite living ages away from his era- it was still possible for them to be bros by heart and soul.

if minhyung were to ever leave and return back to his world, what would happen right after then, honestly? minhyung was a great company, honestly he filled haneul's life with brighter colours.

and she was surprisingly scared of the fact that he will one day leave her and everyone else.

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

🌱 thanks for reading 🌱