xxii

" 이건 레알 진짜 돌고 도는 꿈의 라운드 "
this is real, a true dream round that spins

" 이건 레알 진짜 돌고 도는 꿈의 라운드 "this is real, a true dream round that spins

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

mark placed two cups of coffee on the table where jeno was sitting before joining him in, sitting across the brown-haired boy. it was currently eleven, but mark had promised doyoung he'd be back before midnight.

"hey, mark," the boy wore his eye smile, looking at the prince. mark felt a bit conscious just by staring at him. if anything, he had that entrancing look on his face that makes him look like a prince, more than mark himself.

"everyone's really adapting fast into that name, huh?"

"well, it suits you," the other replied. "i mean, minhyung sounds charming, but mark really goes with you for some reason,"

"glad to get that from you then. i really thought that mark sounds old or something," he shrugged, and the two exchanged tiny laughs.

"so,.." jeno cleared his throat, having problems continuing the conversation and bringing up a serious subject. he had a lot to tell the other, but he didn't even know where to begin.

"it's not a big issue, really," jeno laughed nervously.

"what? you can tell me anything, jeno. i can even keep it a secret, if it helps?"

"well.. okay," he breathed in deeply. "the other day.. specifically before haneul went off to that trip,.. she decided to talk to me,"

mark blinked. he remembered that day clearly, seeing the two talking to each other and haneul confessing straight up to him before leaving. unbeknownst to mark, his heart cracked upon the scene but he chose to deny that, keeping quiet. he wasn't even supposed to eavesdrop in the first place. but he left right after haneul confessed though, which meant he didn't hear anything from jeno.

"so.. she told me she likes me, and i felt really guilty for not realising she has a crush on me and.. you know, she's been trying to hint that out since ages ago,"

"did you tell her you like her back?" mark raised a brow, curiosity taking over.

jeno blinked, shaking his head slowly. "no,"

"oh.. wait, what? why?"

"she's kind, and pretty and all, but.. i'm just not— i don't have feelings for her. and i don't want to break her heart by faking love if i accept her anyways,"

mark leaned back against his seat, processing the info. somehow, he felt slightly relieved, but a part of him understood jeno's situation. "it's sweet of you to take it seriously, jeno. but you don't have to overthink it too much, you know? maybe haneul understands, she wouldn't get mad over—"

"no, that's not the point," jeno cut him off. "haneul and i.. we cleared that up before she left. i hope she's okay now though,"

"then what's wrong?"

"i.. i'm not into girls,"

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

🌱 thanks for reading 🌱
p/s : no regrets, i bet y'all know who he secretly likes by now—