xvii

" 음악은 널 채운 treasure "
music is a treasure that fills you

" 음악은 널 채운 treasure " music is a treasure that fills you

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

"oh— you're—doyoung-hyung!"

minhyung sat up a bit more straight, head raised up to look at the man in front of him. he took a seat beside the younger on the bench, the umbrella in his hand shielding the two from the drizzle which had now become a steady rain.

"doesn't school end around this time? what're you doing here?"

"eh, uh.. it's not really that important, honestly," minhyung heaved a sigh and leaned back against the bench. he felt an arm wrapped around his neck, doyoung shaking him.

"don't be like that, min!" the prince wanted to snort at the sudden nickname, if only the situation he was in wasn't that depressing. "c'mon, let's find a better place to take shelter,"

minhyung nodded and the two stood up from the bench. they neared a hut not long after, hanging out there for the time being while it rained. minhyung hopped in under the sheltered place and sat with doyoung, swinging his feet back and forth.

"so? spill the tea,"

the younger hesitated, should he really tell doyoung about his problem with haneul? but then again who else would he be letting it out to? if he told jaemin, or hyuck, or anyone in his group of friends for that matter, he was afraid it would lead to jeno or haneul's acknowledgement regarding his secret, thus their friendship would end up becoming awkward.

"alright but don't tell anyone!" minhyung started after a moment or two, deciding to tell doyoung anyways, though he altered some parts. "just recently, i met this girl at school, and— well, she was a bit rude at first, and quite loud and.. and she even kicked me at the shin, and knocked me out with a table lamp! long story—" he paused, laughing at doyoung's slightly horrified expression.

"but we get along day by day, and the more i get to know her, the more i realise she's perfect, maybe not to everyone's eyes, but she's way more than perfect in my perception. when she holds my hand, i swear i feel like my heart would explode in tiny pieces, and, god, her smile could bring world peace and cure cancer or whatever existing disease in the world—"

"minhyung, you could write a ten-page essay about your highschool crush towards her and post it to my apartment for all i care but.. you know, keep it simple," doyoung tried his very best not to cringe in an obvious way.

"fine, fine, and.. ah, i guess it's obvious," he rubbed the nape of his neck, carefully wording out the next sentence. "she has eyes for another guy. and, he's our friend. they've known each other for a longer time though, i'm a new addition to their group of friends actually, so there! i wouldn't want to interfere with the two because.. because i'm there! and i'm sure the guy likes her too,"

"sooo," doyoung nodded, fully understanding the situation. "wait, how did you know she likes him anyway? did she tell you about it?"

minhyung flushed red in embarassment. "i.. i might have eavesdropped on their conversation earlier. she.. she finally confessed to him,"

"oh.. damn, daniel, hang in there, buddy," minhyung felt his back being patted by the elder as an act of comfort.

"i mean, i don't care about what i feel. really. as long as she's happy, i guess," the prince shrugged, mumbling under his breath. he did care though, it was just better to keep it in. "but, i just.. i need ways to, you know, so that i wouldn't overthink it for days,"

doyoung blinked and leaned further on the seat. "an easier alternative to move on from this kind of situation? how about you keep yourself busy.. like,.. do you have a hobby?"

minhyung stared up, "recently, i did plan on learning how to rap. this one guy from a club i joined— he promised to teach me though,"

"wait? rap?"

"i'm pretty sure i said it right. rap," minhyung nodded, now a tad bit conscious of what he told the elder. was it weird for someone like him to rap? is it because of his looks that contrast so much with the act?

"oh," from doyoung's side, he was more amazed rather than finding it unusual. "then.. you should invest most of your time learning that, it'll keep your mind away from what you're going through,"

"but.. at some point, you should confront the girl about it, or else it'll haunt you forever, i mean i've been there, done that. usually after you let out the truth to her, it'll turn out fine afterwards, it'd be easier for you to move on,"

"ah.. i'll try that last part," minhyung nodded, eyes at his feet. he tapped his shoes on the floor, creating a beat. meanwhile, doyoung looked at his watch. the rain had already begun to stop then. "aren't your parents worried? you should be home by now,"

"oh.. about that," minhyung laughed nervously, then remembering haneul, mentally cursing at himself along the way. "oh, wait! hyung! i need to borrow your phone!"

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

🌱 thanks for reading 🌱