xxxix

" 함께하지 못하는 운명인걸 알기에 "
because i knew we couldn't be together

" 함께하지 못하는 운명인걸 알기에 " because i knew we couldn't be together

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

"haneul! doyoung-hyung!!" donghyuck, along with renjun, chenle, jeno and jaemin came running towards them, catching their breaths as soon as they all met up together. haneul had called for them to gather at the park right after she heard from doyoung that mark was claimed to be missing, which sent everyone into a state of shock.

"what's going on? what do you mean mark's gone?" jeno furrowed his brows.

"this.. this is not a joke, right?" hyuck frowned. "you're not pranking us?"

"this is a serious matter, hyuck! why would anyone joke on someone who's missing?!" haneul shot back.

"okay, let's calm down. doyoung-hyung, how did he go missing?" renjun asked the elder.

all of them had become equally worried, especially doyoung, since he treated mark as if he was his younger brother ever since they lived together.

"he went missing since morning," doyoung explained everything. "he said jaehyun called for him to come by the café to run some errands. but he still haven't come back around noon. so, i called him— he didn't pick up, i thought maybe he was hanging out with you guys. but i got worried sick when he didn't answer my texts or calls,"

"no wonder he didn't answer my texts either," jaemin chimed in. "not even a seen,"

"i ran all the way to the café. and.. and jaehyun told me he didn't even stop by the café, which means he might've been gone on the way there," doyoung speculated. "i told jaehyun to contact me if he or the other staffs and workers from the café see him anywhere. but i still got nothing. i even searched the whole apartment building just in case!" doyoung sighed heavily, hands covering his face. "i drove straight to haneul's place, he gave me the address because he told me a few days ago you guys would be on a date,"

"we have to split up to find him!" chenle frowned. "if someone kidnaps him i'm throwing hands!"

"i'll report this to the police station," doyoung informed. "you guys go on ahead and search for him. call me if anything happens,"

the teens nodded before doyoung took off, parting ways with them. "i'll go with nana. junnie will stick with lele and haneul with hyuck," jeno divided them right after

without wasting time, they quickly separated in groups of two by going in different directions, planning to search the whole town for mark.

renjun and chenle searched the whole park first, calling for him. jeno and jaemin headed off to the streets while haneul and hyuck ventured the entire neighbourhood, stopping house by house to ask whether they had seen the missing boy anywhere.

"mark!!" hyuck called for him, cursing under his breath. everyone was currently stressed out. the town never had serious cases like these. to have mark being gone all of a sudden shook everyone to the core.

"hyuck.. i'm scared, what if something bad happens to him?" haneul felt tears pricking her eyes.

donghyuck rested a hand on her shoulder as a sign of comfort. "he's gonna be okay. let's hope we find him soon,"

an hour had passed before the two received a text message from chenle. he sent it to the group so that the others could read too.

chenlele
>GUYS
>WE FOUND HIS PHONE
>[image attached]
>BETWEEN THE BUSHES

kimhanss
>keep searching
>he might be anywhere close

it was dark, since night time had arrived. but they didn't stop looking for mark, making sure to search every nook and cranny of the whole town.

"where is he?!" hyuck yelled out in frustration. he was panicking by now, since the time almost reached 9pm. but there was still no trace of the prince, except that renjun and chenle only found his phone. "don't tell me he was magically transported out of this world by an alien or whatever!"

haneul stopped walking, processing the other's last sentence. something in her mind clicked all of a sudden.

"...you okay?"

the girl's blood came rushing out of her face. "n-no.. it can't be..," she turned around and started to run for her life, donghyuck following behind her.

"haneul! what's going on?!"

she headed straight towards her house and kicked the door open, sprinting up the stairs to her room.

her parents went out for dinner so the house was empty.

"where.. where is it?!"

she pulled open the drawers and pushed away unorganised stuff on the table, searching for the only answer to mark's disappearance.

by the time donghyuck caught up with her, the room became a total mess.

and there, in the middle of the room, sat haneul with an open storybook on her lap, tears falling down on one of the pages. donghyuck stood there completely speechless. he reckoned he didn't need further explanation for it.

he took out his phone and sent an audio message to the group, his voice dripping with sorrow.

"come over to haneul's,"

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

🌱 thanks for reading 🌱
p/s; we're reaching the end iM BAWLING—