xvi

" 이상하지 나는 불안해도 널 놓치긴 싫어 "
it's weird, i'm nervous but i don't wanna lose you

" 이상하지 나는 불안해도 널 놓치긴 싫어 "it's weird, i'm nervous but i don't wanna lose you

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

"what?! a one-week trip? to naro space center?"

"ehh, yeah,"

the group of seven sat together during recess, and haneul's sudden news had surprised the others.

"the heck are you doing there for one week, noona?" chenle scratched the back of his head. he had on a new look after the basketball tournament, hair dyed a light shade of green. same went for jeno, the once raven-haired boy had his hair now dyed a perfect shade of brown.

"i don't know, it's a club activity, so all the club members are forced to join," the girl shrugged. "i mean, it's interesting and all, but—"

her eyes met hyuck's, while the boy secretly motioned towards minhyung. haneul made a face, as if to say, 'i know, i know!' but dropped it so it wouldn't be too obvious they're both hiding something. specifically, minhyung's secret.

meanwhile, said prince just sat there, almost gaping. heck, if haneul was going to be gone for the whole week, where else should he stay? he definitely wouldn't stay at jaemin's throughout the week, the pink-haired would think he was suspicious. hyuck's parents don't really like the idea of having the boy's friends coming over sometimes, and—

well, his brain had automatically shut down.

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

"hyuck, i don't want to be homeless for a week!"

"bro, we can worry about this later. not during biology!"

"but—"

"relax, we got a day to figure this out! so shut up and help me solve this question! if the chromosomes don't separate during anaph—"

"stop asking me as if i understand what you kids learn these days!"

"do both lees have anything to say to the class today?" their biology teacher's voice boomed loud enough for the two boys to jump in surprise.

"no, sir!"

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

"renjun... renjun... renjun!"

"what?!" the chinese blonde spun around to face haneul who was sitting right behind. it was maths, a class shared only between the two. and by maths, their teacher was always busy facing the laptop screen in front, so it was an opportunity for the whole class to either sleep, gossip or stare out the window throughout the period. "i swear, if it's the same trigo question, i'm going to—"

"since i'll be gone by tomorrow. for a week. i thought that,.. maybe, i don't know, don't you think, like.."

"what? you wanna confess to lee jeno?"

"what? nooooo— okay, yes,"

"how does a one-week trip trigger anything about your confession towards jeno?"

"cause like, if i confess today, then tomorrow i won't have to face him and i wouldn't be so embarrassed and it wouldn't be so awkward between us until the next week,"

"... i still don't get it, but eh, it's your choice, i mean you've been keeping your feelings in for like.. i don't know, a century?"

"a year,"

"right, whatever, i'm saying go ahead, this be your one and only chance, yolo and stuff, and what's your answer for question five?"

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

minhyung stuffed his books in his locker and slammed it shut before hurrying off to meet haneul at her locker.

only to find out she wasn't there.

the prince blinked, usually she would wait for him there, but not today. so where was she?

"hey, have you seen haneul anywhere?" he asked a few students, though their heads shook no as an answer.

'aish, this girl!' minhyung huffed out, making corners around the hallways until he finally spotted her.

with lee jeno.

minhyung stood there, behind the wall. oddly, it felt like déjà vu. this time, he overheard a line from haneul.

"—and, well, i really like you, lee jeno! so.."

oh.

oh.

well, ouch.

minhyung stepped back and walked off to another direction, exiting the school building. for some reason, his heart seemed to ache.

'well, duh, of course. you like her, minhyung. but she has eyes for someone else. lee jeno, specifically.'

the prince wasn't aware of where his feet was taking him though, his mind was filled with the simple words haneul had directed towards the brown-haired eyesmile boy.

he stopped near a park and slumped on a bench, head lolled back and staring up at the sky.

he felt a raindrop hit his cheek, before it started to drizzle. great.

he closed his eyes for a brief moment. the light rain had stopped so suddenly, so minhyung fluttered his eyes back open to meet upon a figure standing beside him holding an umbrella above their heads.

"minhyung? what are you doing here?"

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

🌱 thanks for reading 🌱