xxxv

" people call it love, while i be calling you "

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

"this is the moment everyone's been waiting for!" the lights fall upon jeno's figure standing on the stage at the dark school hall. "welcome to the fifteenth spectacular talent show 2018, a memorable event for the whole school to come together and enjoy great performances and talents being presented on stage! we will be your hosts for tonight, lee jeno, and with me here is kim haneul,"

"hello, i'm kim haneul! without further ado, let's call upon the first performer of the night! a lucky guy who not only has brains but blessed with great dancing skills, conquer the stage... na jaemin!"

the whole crowd cheered as jaemin grinned, coming out from behind the stage after the two emcees moved to the side. the music started to play, and the boy moved along with the rhythm.

"ha. ha. i knew he was gonna be picked to perform at some point," donghyuck muttered. "he was like 'oh, no! i danced so horribly, the judges hate me, i don't think i'll perform! i'm the worst!' for two weeks and when they told him he was gonna perform he switched to 'oh, hehe, i dance good. im great. hihi',"  he mimicked in a girly voice.

"you make him sound like a girl,"

"i wonder what does that mean," both mark and donghyuck stayed behind the stage, peeping through the curtains to watch jaemin dance his heart and soul out. he was getting a good reaction out of it. the audience were still screaming their brains out.

donghyuck hummed to the song jaemin was dancing. "go by nct dream is such a bop. i stan,"

"i second that," mark agreed. jaemin finished his dance perfectly, waved to the crowd and sent heart signs before running off behind the stage, ramming into mark in the process. he hung onto him and jumped.

"oh my god, i almost died, that was the longest 3-4 minutes of my life, i think my feet's on fire, oh god i hope someone recorded that and post it in youtube or twitter and tag nct dream so they would notice me and acknowledge my existence so i'd have more will to keep on living my life, stan astro, stream simon says, i'm dying, choking, skrrat, skidi-kat-kat—" jaemin rambled so fast donghyuck had to slap him to shut him up.

the next performers rocked the stage, and renjun and chenle met up with the three soon.

"o. m. scReEcHH. i am so excited!!" chenle screamed.

"i hope my voice doesn't crack like that last time i sang 'the ants go marching' when i was five," renjun took a deep breath. "if i really do though, you're on your own, chenle,"

"—the chinese legends, huang renjun and zhong chenle. jiayou!" jeno called, and the two boys hurried up on stage for their turn.

after them would be mark and donghyuck's turn, the last two performers. everything was going with the initial plan. but mark became suddenly nervous. donghyuck noticed this and patted his shoulder. "hey, it's gonna be okay. you're gonna nail it,"

"what if i embarrass myself, hyuck? are you sure the plan sounds good? are we even allowed to do such a thing?"

"i talked it out with mr. moon and lucas. they said it's a great idea! just go with the flow and act like the stage is yours. everyone will love it,"

"that's that. but what if she rejects me? what if she doesn't want it to be that way?"

"you're going to confess on stage. if mj does that to me, i'd be totally gay for him, even if i'm not," donghyuck assured. "okay, i'm joking about the last sentence. but trust me on this! it's now or never!"

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

🌱 thanks for reading 🌱