xi

" we'll get lost together, let me flow "

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

9:30pm. the faint sound of keys clanking against each other, doorknob twisting, creaking of an opening door, loud and clear footsteps.

"haneul, honey, we're home!"

the aforementioned girl, who was busy teaching the prince on how to ace uno since the past hour, dropped all the cards in her hands and cursed aloud. "my parents! minhyung!"

"your parents?"

"if they find out you're here in my house, i'm going to be ripped in shreds! after a month worth of being grounded!"

"haneul-ah? where are you?" the voice, belonging to a woman's, became louder and clear, indicating she was making her way upstairs. acting upon instinct, haneul grabbed minhyung's wrist and dragged him to the closet, pushing him inside.

"don't come out unless i tell you to. and don't make a sound if you wanna live!" she warned before slamming it shut. as soon as she hid the raven-haired inside, the door opened to reveal her mother.

haneul's expression turned its way around a full 360 degree. from panicking a moment ago to a brightened smile on her face.

"sorry, mom, i overslept half an hour ago. was really tired and stuff. welcome home, though!" she greeted the elder woman along with a hug.

"no wonder, well, you should head back to bed and sleep early. night, dear. oh- and we bought you a birthday present from japan too,"

"wow! gee, thanks-!"

a faint sneeze was heard in the distance, cutting off the girl's words. the closet was met with a thud right after. both haneul and her mother exchanged looks. 

"what was that?"

"uhh, jaemin bought me a sneezing bear. it's sorta dysfunctional now 'cause i sat on it. by accident," she lied professionally.

"... okay, well, good night. love you,"

after receiving a kiss on the forehead, haneul closed the door, locked it, and breathed out a huge sigh of relief. she made her way back to the closet and pulled it open.

"it's quite dusty in here,"

"yeah, well, whatevs, get out," she made way for the prince to step out. "what am i going to say? i'm taking care of a fairy tale storybook prince while keeping him in my room for most probably the rest of my life?"

"maybe they'll buy the excuse," 

"...no, minhyung, that's not how it works,"

"oh,"

she blinked in confusion, "okay, but.. you can't just locked yourself up in here forever! or more likely, i need my alone time too, aka chilling on my bed watching kpop vines that smooths my hair, catching up on 'the voice' and stanning ikon,"

"well, i could have another place to stay for the meantime? like.. jaemin's.. i mean, we did plan on having.. what was the word? sleepovers together, and staying up throughout the night studying.. whatever you're learning these days,"

"wait,.. of course! thank you for using your brain for once! you can stay over at jaemin's!"

"i don't see how you couldn't come up with that idea though," he earned a whack on the head.

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

🌱 thanks for reading 🌱