xxxi

" 새로워진 세상으로, best day ever and i'm flyin high "
i'm in a new world, best day ever and i'm flyin high

" 새로워진 세상으로, best day ever and i'm flyin high "i'm in a new world, best day ever and i'm flyin high

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

"yay! free balloons!" donghyuck cheered, locking arms with chenle. in their hands held a coloured balloon, since all students and teachers would get one for free. the vast field was decorated well, looking colourful and lively. there were more balloons tied everywhere, ribbons here and there and booths lining up for everyone to enjoy.

in the end, chenle joined haneul as a volunteer, helping if anyone gets injured. at least he gets to have fun throughout the day too.

they met up with mark, jeno and haneul there, gathering with the other students for their first session, choreographic warm-up dances.

"hellooo, one, two, uhh," jaemin's voice filled the air through the speakers. everyone turned to him, seeing him standing on the platform while tapping the mic. "okay, hi! welcome to the annual sports day 2k18, everyone! my name is jeno—...."

...............

the whole crowd went silent, confused.

a disappointed renjun who stood beside the pink-haired, facepalmed, muttering something like 'why am i stuck with idiots?' or whatever.

".... jaEMIN! my name is jaemin! and we're going to start the day with—"

"oh my god, he's that whipped," haneul snickered, mumbling quietly to herself. jeno was practically flustered though, facepalming at jaemin for embarassing himself, while the others just laughed.

the warm-up dances lasted for an hour or so, then the games had finally started. donghyuck went first for the archery competition, parting ways with the others.

"good luck, hyuck!" his friends chorused together, standing by the side to cheer for him.

donghyuck jumped in excitement, beaming like the cute baby he is before he took an arrow, aiming it towards the bullseye and shooting it confidently. most of his shots were almost accurate, so he did get good scores out of it. he left to go to the side feeling pleased after he was done.

"wow, hyung, you were amazing!!" chenle praised.

"uhuh, i know,"

"don't compliment him further. no one wants his nose to explode," renjun dissed, and the two were soon engaged in a childish argument, which was normal.

"donghyuck-ah!! lee donghyuck!" the brown-haired boy turned to the source of the voice, watching as a familiar figure came running towards him.

"chanhee?"