xxxiv

" nct noise you can't break me "

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

jaemin exited the school's hall, puffing out deep breaths.

the others stood outside, waiting for an answer from the boy, who now had his hair dyed brown just like jeno. actually, most of their hair colour were dyed brown. even haneul's.

"jae? how was it?"

"i don't know! i was anxious throughout the audition. i really hoped it wasn't that obvious," jaemin replied worriedly, fiddling his fingers. "what if i messed up? ugh, i should've skipped the fourth step—"

"hey, chill!" renjun smacked the back of his head. "you're na jaemin. okay? we believe in you,"

"next!" yuqi, one of the judges called.

"that's us!" donghyuck referred to mark and himself. he slung an arm over the prince's shoulder. "see ya later!"

"good luck!"

the two entered— with swag— into the dimly lit hall, facing the four judges. rocky noticed mark and waved at him. "hey! mark lee and lee donghyuck?"

mark smiled back in return, the two nodding.

"also, just to maintain a cool appearance, we are.. the lee brothers!" donghyuck grinned.

"lee brothers. that's so cOOL!!" lucas shrieked, clapping his hands already. "rock the stage, girlies!"

"and what will you two be performing?"

"rapping," mark answered. "and donghyuck will—"

"lowkey send your souls to gates of heaven with my powerful vocals," donghyuck cut the other off.

"confidence," sungyeon smiled. "that's what we want,"

"okay, start!" rocky clapped his hands together.

the music played, and donghyuck started first with his lines.

"i wanna be a billionaire..."

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

renjun and chenle were the last of the group to go through the audition, exiting the hall with a huge sigh of relief. "wow, that was..,"

"i think i died. that lucas guy keeps staring and his eyes are bigger than my dreams," renjun muttered.

"but yay, you all survived the audition! and it wasn't that bad right?" haneul grinned.

"i'm not surprised if i don't make it," jaemin shook his head.

"jaem, shut. up. you. bent. nerd," donghyuck sighed.

"did you literally just call me a bent nerd?"

"well.. are you saying you're straight?"

"fiNE,"

"yeet, i can't wait for the results!" chenle jumped. "i hope we'll all get chosen!"

"since auditions are over, jaehyun-hyung told me the other day that 127 café's promoting new mixed ice-cream flavours today. wanna—" mark didn't even finish his sentence, his friends racing off to the place already.

".. okay, let's get it, then!"

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

🌱 thanks for reading 🌱
p/s; sorry i didn't write much about their summer hols. i'm focusing more on the talent show and finishing this story before school starts in a week ugh cri