xxix

" please remember, my answer is you "

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

"morning, haneul! let's walk togeth—" mark called for the girl, but was surprisingly ignored as she brushed past him down the road. mark furrowed his eyebrows, confused over the sudden cold act.

it was already strange the past few days. usually, they would walk side-by-side to school or head back home together using the same path, or maybe even stop by the convenience store to hang out with doyoung. but now, haneul's just plainly giving him the cold shoulder. did he do something wrong?

on the other hand, haneul had purposely wore her earphones, blasting music out loud (although she still heard mark from afar) but just to make it as if she wasn't aware of him calling out to her. in other words, yes, she was definitely ignoring the other.

she felt mean behaving in such an immature way but after what she saw the other day at the park, it's impossible to look at mark lee the same way again.

"hey!" a hand grabbed her shoulder, so haneul stopped and faked an act, glancing at him. "oh! hi, morning,"

mark smiled. "wanna walk together?"

"sure,.." haneul trailed off, keeping a good distance away from him though. they reached the school building not long, maybe because she was walking a bit faster than usual, from mark's point of view.

"you're walking a bit faster than usual, huh?"

"really? i don't know," haneul replied back shortly.

that was another thing. if mark gets a chance to be with her, he would notice that the other's replies were awfully short and quick. it was like a hint that she wanted to drop the conversation as soon as possible. or maybe the boy was just being paranoid.

"so.. guess what?" mark tried again, bringing up a new topic.

"hm... hey, i gotta go. something's up.. so see ya later," haneul smiled— it didn't even reach her eyes— before speeding down the hallway, disappearing into the crowd, and leaving mark completely dumbfounded with billions of questions in his head.

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

"i don't get what's her deal! it's like she's trying to ignore me!" mark frowned, crossing his arms. his food was barely touched, tension clouding over his state of mind. "where even is she right now?"

"uh,.. she told me she had stuff to do in the library," renjun answered. the group were sitting together during lunch as usual, but now mark was stressing over haneul.