xl

" 가지 말아요 아직 가지 말아요. 보낼 준비가 아직 안됐잖아요 "
don't go, don't go yet. i'm still not ready to let you go

 i'm still not ready to let you go

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

it was supposedly a bright and sunny weekday, everyone passed through the gates and filled in the school building early in the morning, getting ready for school as always. 

but for kim haneul, everything that came into sight looked dull and desolate. her eyes were fixed onto the floor, mind wandering elsewhere and wretched thoughts shrouded her head.

everyone in school started to notice mark's disappearance a few days later. rocky was the first person to approach haneul, asking her of mark's whereabouts and why he was absent for days. he only received doleful eyes staring back at him and a short answer.

"he flew back to canada,"

the statement had disseminated throughout the whole school not long after. and whoever came and ask her or her friends again why he had to move away were ignored and unanswered.

because they knew it wasn't the truth.

when doyoung, jeno, jaemin, renjun and chenle found out the truth, they thought both haneul and donghyuck were playing games on them. they thought it was a prank, but after ages of convincing them that it was indeed true, and there was nothing else to explain how mark had vanished, they paled. of course, it took them some time to process the whole thing and what was going on all this time, but they finally chose to believe it, as ridiculous as it sounds.

it was a secret best kept between them and them only.

mark— lee minhyung was just a temporary fairytale living in a world far different from his, and he had to go back to where he truly belongs sooner or later, as much as he wants to stay in their world.

reality told her that fairytales will never make an appearance in the real world. people could only dream of such things.

as much as the prince came out from her childhood storybook sounds magical, he can't just leave his real life behind and adapt into a different dimension.

but it was so unfair, just when haneul was about to keep him in her heart.

and now he was gone. possibly forever. the sound of it made her heart shattered to pieces.

mark was someone so precious to her, and to the others too.

school was over quite fast. haneul walked out of class without uttering any word, wanting to hurry out of school and lock herself in her room and cry again.

"kim haneul!" two girls came up to her.

"what happened to mark?"

"why did he leave?"

"did he have problems?"

"yah, just tell us already!"

haneul was irritated. some people just really don't know how to not be so annoying. if she doesn't wanna tell, then so be it!

"hey! leave her alone!" to her surprise, yeri came over to them and grabbed haneul's wrist. "she told you guys to stop asking before, didn't she?" she huffed and pulled the other away from the two, offering her a kind smile.

"th-thanks, yeri," haneul followed her out of the school building.

yeri stopped walking soon and faced her, expression now serious as her eyes moved to lock against hers.

haneul stared back at her questioningly. "yeri?"

"look. i don't know why he went back to canada. i don't wanna be nosy, but.." yeri blinked and a genuine smile came back to her face. "just know that mark really loves you. and i know he'll find a way to get back to you and everyone. you have to believe in him,"

she pulled haneul into a hug, making the other feel better than before, almost certain by her words that she trusted mark to come back into her life.

'you have to believe in him,'

she has to believe in him.

of course she has to.

she was going to wish upon every star in the night sky everyday for lee minhyung. just like how she used to do so for a handsome prince who will love her back when she was a child.

a smile finally made its way to haneul's lips while she returned yeri's hug. "okay,"

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚✫*.

🌱 thanks for reading 🌱